Simpson PS3228 PowerShot Review
|Simpson PS3228 PowerShot
The Simpson PS3228 PowerShot is a heavy-duty, gas pressure washer that is an average value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Simpson PS3228 PowerShot is a gas-powered, heavy-duty pressure washer. At 85 pounds, this machine has a heavy and sturdy build that is supported by 10-in pneumatic wheels. Equipped with multiple pressure and nozzle variations, it can accomplish all kinds of residential and commercial cleaning tasks.
When you purchase the machine, you also pay for its best-in-class 3-year limited engine warranty, 10-year limited frame warranty, and 5-year limited pump warranty. Note that all accessories are only protected by a 90-day limited warranty.
This Simpson model comes with a detergent siphon hose that can be used to directly pull detergent out of a container. It is also capable of diluting the soap by itself so you will not have to prepare the solution beforehand.
This Simpson PS3228 PowerShot review will take you through the important details of the machine to help you decide if it is right for you.
|Simpson PS3228 PowerShot
|8250 cleaning units
|Axial Cam, AAA Industrial Triplex
|34″(D) x 20″(W) x 25″(H)
|No, comes with direct detergent siphon hose
|Cold (100°F max)
Simpson’s PS3228 PowerShot delivers 3300 PSI and 2.5 GPM, giving a total cleaning unit count of 8250. This is quite impressive for any pressure washer and is one of the most powerful options available. With this kind of power, even the most stubborn of grime and dirt do not stand a chance.
But what makes this a truly versatile option is the choice of nozzle fittings. You can use the 0° tip to give you pin-point pressure for stubborn marks and the soap dispenser will give you the low pressure required to soap your belongings. The 15°, 25°, and 40° nozzle fittings can help you clean anything from driveways to wood.
Despite the positive feedback on its performance and the flexibility in use, this machine is rated as “average” on our power-to-price scale. This is due to the relatively high price tag attached to it.
>> Read More: Best Gas Pressure Washers
Gas-powered, with ample onboard storage, this Simpson model is not as compact as electric units are. Also, at 85 pounds, is one of the heaviest pressure washers around. Its 10-in pneumatic wheels will help you drag the machine around your yard, though.
The design of the Simpson PS3228 PowerShot ensures that it is easy to assemble. Attention to design detail is visible in the form of quick-connect nozzle fittings that allow for easy switching in between tasks, and a simple and effective detergent siphon hose.
Another notable feature is the abrasion-resistant, non-marring, and flexible MorFlex hose that makes for a smooth-use, every time.
A heavy-duty, gas-powered machine that runs on a 200cc engine gives you pretty much what you expect when it comes to power and noise. Because of the noise it generates, you will have to be careful about the timings you choose for using this machine.
What Comes in the Box
The Simpson PS3228 PowerShot box comes with the following parts:
- High-Pressure Pump
- High-Pressure MorFlex Hose
- Spray Gun
- Quick-Connect Spray Wand
- Detergent Siphon Hose
- Handle Assembly
- Quick Connect Nozzles(0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, and soap)
- Simpson Oil
- Dial-N-Wash Adjustable Pressure Regulator
The Simpson PS3228 PowerShot comes with different limited warranty periods for different parts:
- 90-day limited warranty on product components excluding pump
- 5-year limited warranty on pump and frame
- 3-year limited engine warranty
- 10-year limited frame warranty
In case of any issue, you can contact Simpson through the following ways and they will assist you.
You can locate the nearest service center on www.simpsoncleaning.com
- 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗣𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿. With a cleaning unit count of 8250, the Simpson PS3228 PowerShot is ready to take on the stubbornest grime and dirt.
- 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗱𝘀. With a 3-year, 5-year, and 10-year limited warranty on its engine, pump, and frame, respectively, you can rest assured that your machine will be protected should anything go wrong.
- 𝗨𝘀𝗲𝗿-𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀. This machine comes with attachments like Simpson’s MorFlex high-pressure hose that is tenacious and quick-connect nozzle fittings that are user-friendly in every sense.
- 𝗠𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗶𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘇𝘇𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀. Its five nozzle fittings (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, and soap) make it possible for you to clean out stains just as easily as watering plants. The Dial-N-Wash regulator can be used to easily adjust the pressure as well.
- 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗱𝗶𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻. Once the siphon hose is placed in a soap carrying container, the machine takes care of dilution by itself.
- 𝗢𝗻-𝗯𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲. This model is designed to provide convenient short-term and long-term storage options.
- 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝘃𝘆 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿. At 85 lbs, the PS3228 PowerShot is one of the heaviest pressure washers around.
- 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 “𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲” 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲. Though this power washer is one of the most powerful ones, it is also one of the most expensive. It delivers an average power-to-price ratio when compared to similar gas units.
- 𝟵𝟬-𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘆. A 90-day warranty period for accessories is pretty short, possibly causing you to buy a replacement if anything breaks.
- 𝗢𝗶𝗹 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗴𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝘂𝗺𝗲𝘀. Operating a gas-powered machine comes with its own set of challenges. Similar to other gas-powered machines, this pressure washer is prone to leaks and fumes.
- 𝗢𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁. When compared with an electric pressure washer, this one comes with more operation and maintenance costs, with additional expenses including fuel and lubricant.
The Simpson PS3228 requires some simple steps to assemble before it can be put to use. You can follow the steps listed below for a quick assembly.
Steps required for assembly:
- Start by setting up the handle on to the frame of your pressure washer. This can be done by pressing the snapping buttons on the handle and sliding the handle assembly onto the frame until you hear a snap.
- On the handle assembly, you can see the nozzle holders. Place each nozzle into the slot assigned to it. This can be done easily as all slots and nozzles are color-coded.
- Moving on to the spray wand, you can attach it by simply inserting it into the front opening of the trigger gun and turning counterclockwise until it is secured.
- Next, you can move on to attaching the MorFlex high-pressure hose in two simple steps.
- Attach one end to the trigger gun by pushing it in at the bottom of the trigger gun and turning counterclockwise until the connection is secure.
- Take the free end and attach it to the outlet near the handle assembly. Secure it by threading it in clockwise
- Finally, connect the garden hose into the water inlet given just below the high-pressure hose outlet and tighten till secure. Connect the free end to the water source.
Your pressure washer is now set up.
Once the assembly process is taken care of, the pressure washer is set up for use. But before you fire up the engine, ensure you check these tasks off the list:
- Ensure that the oil tank, located at the opposite side of the water inlet and outlet, is filled with the necessary amount of oil.
- Ensure that all air pockets in the high-pressure hose are removed by pressing the trigger for 30 seconds, before use.
- Pour the required amount of gas in the gas tank, located at the opposite side of the handle assembly.
- Flip the switch at the front of the machine to “on”.
You can choose from amongst five nozzle fittings. This table will help you decide the one that fits your purpose the best.
- Red (0°) Nozzle: Very high pressure, low flow. To clean surfaces like unpainted metal or concrete; DO NOT use on wood.
- Yellow (15°) Nozzle: High pressure, medium flow. Use for grills, driveways, concrete or brick walkways, unpainted brick, etc.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. For yard tools, sidewalks, lawn furniture, unpainted siding, stucco, gutters, concrete, brick surfaces.
- White (40°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. To clean wood, painted brick, and stucco, vinyl, painted siding.
- Black (Soap) Nozzle: Soap nozzle. For applying soap and detergent. Ok on all surfaces.
This pressure washer is equipped with a detergent siphon hose to make your life easier. To apply detergent, simply put the free end of the hose into a container of detergent that is suitable for pressure washer usage.
You don’t have to worry about dilution as the pressure washer automatically dilutes the detergent with 7 parts of water for each part of the detergent. Just set it up and soap anything with ease!
Verdict on the Simpson PS3228 PowerShot
The Simpson PS3228 PowerShot is a beast of a pressure washer. It is powerful and versatile, ready for any kind of domestic or commercial use. It has been designed to give you a smooth washing experience with the ability to clean even the most stubborn spots.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty, gas-powered pressure washer with a longer warranty period and aren’t afraid of shelling out a premium, this may be the machine for you.
Specification: Simpson PS3228 PowerShot Review