Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot Review
The Simpson MSH3125 is a heavy-duty, gas pressure washer that is a good value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot is a heavy-duty, gas-powered pressure washer that should be sufficient for almost any job. It has a solid steel frame on 10” premium pneumatic wheels and weighs 55 lbs.
The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot comes with different warranties for different parts. The engine is protected by a two-year warranty, whereas the pump is protected by a one-year limited warranty.
The detergent siphon hose attached to the machine allows you to draw a suitable detergent directly from a container. There is an automatic dilution mechanism that allows you to soap anything directly without any prep work needed.
The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot also comes with multiple nozzle fittings that allow you to change the width and power of the flow depending on the job you are doing.
Overall, the Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot is a powerful machine with thousands of positive customer reviews. It should be sufficient for almost any job and has almost anything you could want in a pressure washer. It even made our list of the best pressure washers for 2021!
Even though gas pressure washers are the most expensive, compared to other options, the MegaShot provides good value.
|Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot||Specs|
|Flow Rate||2.5 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||8000 cleaning units|
|Gas Tank||0.475 gallon|
|Pump Type||OEM Technologies Axial|
|Dimensions||24.4″(D) x 18.8″(W) x 35.4″(H)|
|Hose Length||25 ft|
|Detergent Tanks||No, comes with detergent siphon hose|
|Water Type||Cold (100°F max)|
The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot is definitely a “power washer.” It is capable of delivering 3200 PSI and 2.5 GPM, resulting in a total cleaning power of 8000 cleaning units. It is fit for almost any residential or commercial cleaning job.
This machine comes with five nozzles that you can change based on the job you are doing, including a 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, and soap. You can easily switch from cleaning your windows to the car and to grimy concrete surfaces by switching out the nozzle.
Although this gas pressure washer is more expensive than almost any electric pressure washer and some gas pressure washers, the machine brings a ton of power with it. Customer reviews are largely favorable, with performance being reviewed positively.
When comparing the Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot’s power to its cost, it comes in as a “good” value based on our scale.
>> Read More: Best Gas Pressure Washers
The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot has a steel frame and provides ample onboard accessory storage. Its weight of 55 lbs is actually the lightest of any gas pressure washer that we’ve reviewed as of the time of this writing. Its handle, large wheels, and 25-ft hose add to the maneuverability of the pressure washer, making it easy to transport as needed.
The detergent siphon hose and automatic dilution are clever features, allowing you to use any detergent straight from the bottle. This model also comes with five different nozzle attachments that can help you do anything from soaping to the cleaning of rugged surfaces and stubborn dirt.
On the downside, some users have complained that this gas-powered machine can be messy to operate. The engine too can get jammed if not properly looked after, especially in long storage runs.
The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot is a heavy-duty, gas-powered pressure washer. What this means is that there is going to be a significant amount of noise every time you use it. You might want to consider what time of the day it is before using it.
What Comes in the Box
The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot box comes with the following parts:
- High-Pressure Pump
- High-Pressure Hose
- Spray Gun
- Quick-Connect Spray Wand
- Detergent Siphon Hose
- Quick Connect Nozzles
- Nozzle Holder
The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot comes with different limited warranty periods for different parts.
- 90-day limited warranty on product components excluding pump
- One-year limited warranty on pump and frame
- Two-year engine warranty
In case of any issue, you can contact Simpson through the following ways and they will assist you.
You can locate the nearest service center on www.simpsoncleaning.com
- 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿. The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot delivers enough power for almost any job.
- 𝗪𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀𝗲. This machine comes with five different nozzles that will allow you to take up any work. You can water your plants or attack stains on concrete surfaces and everything in between.
- 𝗗𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘂𝘀𝗲. This model ensures hassle-free detergent application with automatic dilution and its direct detergent siphon hose.
- 𝗢𝗻-𝗯𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲. This Simpson model comes with a well-designed body, that allows for a lot of on-board accessory storage.
- 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝘂𝗺𝗽 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘆. The MSH3125 MegaShot comes with a two-year engine warranty and a one-year pump warranty, which is comparable to similar models.
- 𝗗𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆. Gas-powered models are generally more durable and stable vis-a-vis their electric counterparts. Most reviewers have found that to be the case with the MSH3125 MegaShot.
- 𝗟𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗴𝗮𝘀 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘀. Weighing in at only 55 lbs, the MegaShot is lighter than any other gas pressure washer that we’ve reviewed.
- 𝗘𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗶𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴. As is common among gas-powered machines, longer periods of dormancy may create problems like the engine seizing.
- 𝗢𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁. The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot consumes gas every time it is used and requires lubrication over time. You will also have to change the oil.
- 𝗚𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝘂𝗺𝗲𝘀. Gas-powered pressure washers like this one often release harmful fumes. Definitely don’t use this machine indoors.
- 𝟵𝟬-𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘆. Some reviewers found a problem with parts excluding the engine and pump. But it was troublesome for them to replace because of the short, 90-day warranty period offered on these parts.
Before using the Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot, you will need to assemble a few parts together. This can be done at home by clicking on this link and watching the video.
You can also follow these easy steps for setting up your pressure washer.
Steps required for assembly:
- Once you have the accessories laid out in front of you, you can start by setting up the handle on the frame. This can be done by pressing the snapping buttons on the handle and sliding the handle assembly onto the frame until you hear a snap.
- On the handle assembly, you can see the nozzle holders. Place each nozzle into the slot assigned to it. This can be done easily as all slots and nozzles are color-coded.
- Moving on to the spray wand, you can attach it by simply inserting it into the front opening of the trigger gun and turning counterclockwise until it is secured.
- Next, you can move on to attaching the high-pressure hose in two simple steps.
- Attach one end to the trigger gun by pushing it in at the bottom of the trigger gun and turning until the connection is secure.
- Take the free end and attach it to the outlet near the handle assembly. Secure it by threading it clockwise.
- Finally, connect the garden hose into the water inlet given just below the high-pressure hose outlet and tighten till secure. Connect the free end to the water source.
Now your assembly is all done!
Once the assembly process is taken care of, the pressure washer is ready for use. However, there are some things you have to take care of before the actual use.
- Ensure that the oil tank, located at the opposite side of the water inlet and outlet, is filled with the necessary amount of oil.
- Ensure that all air pockets in the high-pressure hose are removed by pressing the trigger for 30 seconds, before use.
- Pour the required amount of gas in the gas tank, located at the opposite side of the handle assembly.
- Flip the switch at the front of the machine to “on”.
To assist you with your cleaning applications, you can choose from a range of five nozzle fittings. This table will help you decide the best fit for your use.
- Red (0°) Nozzle: Very high pressure, low flow. To clean surfaces like unpainted metal or concrete; DO NOT use on wood.
- Yellow (15°) Nozzle: High pressure, medium flow. Use for grills, driveways, concrete or brick walkways, unpainted brick, etc.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. For yard tools, sidewalks, lawn furniture, unpainted siding, stucco, gutters, concrete, brick surfaces.
- White (40°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. To clean wood, painted brick, and stucco, vinyl, painted siding.
- Black (Soap) Nozzle: Soap nozzle. For applying soap and detergent. Ok on all surfaces.
The Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot comes with a detergent siphon hose that makes it very easy to use detergent. Simply, choose a detergent that works well with pressure washers. Remove the lid and put the detergent siphon hose into the bottle of detergent and the detergent will be sucked in automatically. Additionally, this machine is capable of diluting the detergent by itself and does not require any pre-mixing.
Verdict on the Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot
The Simpson MSH3125 is a very powerful pressure washer that provides good value. It should be more than suitable for all your domestic and commercial needs.
All in all, this is a potent pressure washer and reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Although priced higher than electric pressure washers, you might want to consider it if you have very heavy dirt and grime to clean or if you don’t want to worry about plugging in your pressure washer into an outlet every time you use it.
Specification: Simpson MSH3125 MegaShot Review