Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot Review
The Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot is a heavy-duty, gas pressure washer that is a great value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot is a heavy-duty, gas-powered pressure washer that is suitable for your household and commercial cleaning needs. Delivering a cleaning unit count of 7440, this pressure washer is one of the most powerful ones around.
The engine of this pressure washer is covered by a two-year warranty and the pump is covered by a one-year warranty. However, other product components are covered by a 90-day warranty.
The machine is equipped with a Kohler 196cc engine and maintenance-free OEM Technologies’ Axial Cam pump. The detergent siphon hose and the detergent injection system make soaping easy. The machine automatically draws soap and water in a 1:7 ratio.
This Simpson model is powerful and user-friendly. Through this review, you can go through all the relevant information about the product.
|Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot||Specs|
|Flow Rate||2.4 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||7440 cleaning units|
|Gas Tank||.825 Gallons|
|Pump Type||OEM Technologies Axial Pump|
|Dimensions||33″(D) x 18″(W) x 23″(H)|
|Hose Length||25 ft|
|Detergent Tanks||No, comes w/ direct detergent siphon hose|
|Detergent Dilution||Yes, comes w/ detergent injection system|
|Water Type||Cold (100°F max)|
Delivering 3100 PSI at 2.4 GPM, this machine is ready to take on almost any and every job. It delivers a cleaning unit count of 7440, suitable for almost all residential and commercial use.
Simpson has also created a machine that provides durability. The Axial Cam pump used is maintenance-free and offers automatic thermal relief. The Kohler 196cc engine offers power and longevity.
What stands out about the Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot compared to other options is the superior power it delivers for its price. This is the reason why it has been rated as “great” on our rating scales. It even made our list of the best pressure washers for 2021!
>> Read More: Best Gas Pressure Washers
Already topping the lists as one of the most powerful performers, the Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot’s design is user-friendly too. This is reflected in everything from an ergonomic spray gun to an easy assembly process.
To add to the versatility of the machine, it comes with five different nozzle attachments (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, and soap). Want to clean stubborn grime on your brick? Maybe wash your car? Finally get to the siding that has been slowly getting dirty? This model covers all your needs.
Although a heavy machine, the Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot is supported by never-flat tires to make it easier to drag the machine around your yard. To increase your reach, this pressure washer also comes with a 25-ft MorFlex, non-marring, abrasion-resistant, high-pressure hose.
One thing to note, the 90-day warranty period for parts is pretty short compared to alternative gas machines.
Since the Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot is a heavy-duty, gas-powered pressure washers, it is louder than electric pressure washers and you may have to be mindful of the times you are using it if you have neighbors close by.
What Comes in the Box
The Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot box comes with the following parts:
- High-Pressure Pump
- High-Pressure Hose
- Spray Gun
- Quick-Connect Spray Wand
- Detergent Siphon Hose
- Quick Connect Nozzles
The Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot comes with different limited warranty periods for different parts.
- 90-day limited warranty on product components excluding pump
- 1-year limited warranty on pump
- 2-year engine warranty
- 5-year frame warranty
In case of any issue, you can contact Simpson through the following ways and they will assist you.
You can locate the nearest service center on www.simpsoncleaning.com
- 𝗔 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲. The Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot provides great value in terms of the power generated for its price.
- 𝗠𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗶𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘇𝘇𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀. You can do anything from cleaning your car to attacking stains on concrete surfaces with the five different nozzle fittings.
- 𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻. This model ensures hassle-free detergent application with automatic dilution in a 7:1 water to soap ratio.
- 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗙𝗹𝗲𝘅 𝗻𝗼𝗻-𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲. The 25-ft non-marring hose is abrasion-resistant and flexible, delivering a user-friendly experience.
- 𝗗𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆. Gas-powered models are generally more durable and stable vis-a-vis their electric counterparts. Most reviewers have found that to be the case with the MS60763-S MegaShot.
- 𝗨𝘀𝗲𝗿-𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻. This pressure washer comes with never-flat tires and an ergonomic spray gun to make it user-friendly.
- 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗳 𝗽𝘂𝗺𝗽. The Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot is equipped with OEM Technologies’ Axial cam pump. This pump means easy maintenance for you and comes with thermal relief to enhance pump life.
- 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝘃𝘆 𝗺𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲. At 63 lbs, this is one of the heavier pressure washers out there. It is supported by large wheels but it still might be a hassle to drag this one around.
- 𝗡𝗼𝗻-𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗱𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀. Although the frame is solid, some users have found the attachments to be flimsy or fragile.
- 𝗢𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁. The Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot consumes gas every time it is used and requires lubrication. You will have to change the oil constantly.
- 𝗚𝗮𝘀 𝗳𝘂𝗺𝗲𝘀. Gas-powered pressure washers like this one, often release harmful fumes. It might not be a big concern when used in the outdoors but it is important to be careful of them.
- 𝟵𝟬-𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘆. Another concern for some users is that the non-sturdy attachments are covered by a short 90-day warranty period.
A short and quick assembly process is required before you can use the Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot. You can follow these easy steps for setting it up.
Steps required for assembly:
- Once you have the accessories laid out in front of you, you can start by setting up the handle on the frame. This can be done by pressing the snapping buttons on the handle and sliding the handle assembly onto the frame until you hear a snap.
- On the handle assembly, you can see the nozzle holders. Place each nozzle into the slot assigned to it. This can be done easily as all slots and nozzles are color-coded.
- Moving on to the spray wand, you can attach it by simply inserting it into the front opening of the trigger gun and turning counterclockwise until it is secured.
- Add engine oil to the oil tank through the opening at the lower-left side of the pressure washer. Open the yellow lid and pour a suitable oil through a funnel.
- Add fuel to the black gas tank on top of the machine. Make sure to shut the lid tightly once the fuel has been poured in.
- Now, you can move on to attaching the high-pressure hose in two simple steps.
- Attach one end to the trigger gun by pushing it in at the bottom of the trigger gun and turning until the connection is secure.
- Take the free end and attach it to the outlet near the handle assembly. Secure it by threading it clockwise.
- Finally, connect the garden hose into the water inlet given just below the high-pressure hose outlet and tighten till secure. Connect the free end to the water source.
With this, your assembly process is complete.
Once the assembly process is taken care of, the pressure washer is ready for use. However, there are some things you have to take care of before the actual use.
- Ensure that the oil tank, located at the opposite side of the water inlet and outlet, is filled with the necessary amount of oil.
- Ensure that all air pockets in the high-pressure hose are removed by pressing the trigger for 30 seconds before use.
- Check to see if the required amount of gas has been poured into the gas tank, located at the opposite side of the handle assembly.
- Flip the switch at the front of the machine to “on”.
- Now pull the recoil start and your machine is ready to go!
To assist you with your cleaning applications, you can choose from a range of five nozzle fittings. This table will help you decide the best fit for your use.
- Red (0°) Nozzle: Very high pressure, low flow. To clean surfaces like unpainted metal or concrete; DO NOT use on wood.
- Yellow (15°) Nozzle: High pressure, medium flow. Use for grills, driveways, concrete or brick walkways, unpainted brick, etc.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. For yard tools, sidewalks, lawn furniture, unpainted siding, stucco, gutters, concrete, brick surfaces.
- White (40°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. To clean wood, painted brick, and stucco, vinyl, painted siding.
- Black (Soap) Nozzle: Soap nozzle. For applying soap and detergent. Ok on all surfaces.
The Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot comes with a detergent siphon hose that makes it very easy to use detergent. Simply, choose a detergent that works well with pressure washers.
Remove the lid and put the detergent siphon hose into the bottle of detergent and the detergent will be sucked in automatically. The automatic dilution is done at a 7:1 ratio (water to soap). This saves you the hassle of premixing the detergent unless the detergent label asks you to do so.
Verdict on the Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot
The Simpson MS60763-S is a mean machine. With a sturdy design and powerful engine, this pressure washer is suitable for household and commercial use.
If you are looking for a user-friendly and powerful, gas-powered pressure washer, this Simpson MegaShot is a great choice.
Specification: Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot Review