Ryobi RY803111 Review
The Ryobi RY803111 is a heavy-duty, gas pressure washer that is an average value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Ryobi RY803111 is a heavy-duty, gas-powered pressure washer that delivers 3,200 PSI and 2.5 GPM. It is powerful enough for almost all household cleaning jobs and even many commercial jobs.
It has a user-friendly design that makes it easy to use even though it weighs 72 lbs. This includes big wheels to support it, a sturdy frame, and a large detergent tank.
But perhaps the feature that stands out the most is Ryobi’s ONE+ E-Start, an electric start to switch on the machine that is much easier than pull starts.
This Ryobi RY803111 review will take you through the specs of the machine, how it performs compared to alternatives, common customer complaints, and more.
|Sun Joe SPX1000||Specs|
|Flow Rate||2.5 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||8000 cleaning units|
|Gas Tank||0.25 Gallon|
|Dimensions||26.5″(D) x 17.5″(W) x 37.5″(H)|
|Hose Length||25 ft|
|Water Type||Cold (104°F max)|
This gas-powered pressure washer is a powerful machine that can take on your household or commercial cleaning jobs with ease. It comes with a max pressure of 3,200 PSI and flows rate of 2.5 GPM, combining to give a total cleaning unit count of 8,000.
Four quick-connect tips are provided to make switching from one task to another simple. With the versatility of these nozzle tips, you can switch from soaping your car to cleaning your furniture, fence, sidewalk, or siding with ease.
You will also find it easy to soap anything with the soap nozzle and the large detergent tank that is included. The machine is capable of automatically diluting the soap in a 20:1 ratio.
Although the Ryobi RY803111 is a powerful machine, it has an “average” rating on our value scale. This is because it has a higher cost than pressure washers with similar power.
It does have pretty good customer reviews, however. The majority of customers are satisfied with their purchases and found no major problems with the RY803111.
The Ryobi RY803111 is an efficiently designed machine. The consumer-friendly approach that Ryobi has taken for this one starts from the easy assembly process that can be completed with little-to-no effort.
To eliminate one of the main complaints customers have with gas pressure washers, Ryobi has included a Ryobi’s ONE+ E-Start—an electric start that just requires you to push a button (as opposed to pulling a cord).
Although the Ryobi RY803111 weighs 72 lbs, it is supported by large 12-in wheels that help you move it around your yard. There is plenty of onboard storage provided for easy short-term and long-term storage.
Like most gas pressure washers, the Ryobi RY803111 is a noisy machine when compared to electric pressure washers. It’s important to consider when you use it if you have closeby neighbors.
What Comes in the Box
Here is what you will find in the Ryobi RY803111 box:
- Pressure Washer Handle
- 25 ft. High-Pressure Hose
- Trigger Handle
- Spray Wand
- Quick-Connect Nozzles (4)
- 4-Cycle Engine Lubricant (SAE 30 or SAE 10W30)
- RYOBI™ 18V ONE+™
- Battery Pack RYOBI™ 18V ONE+™ Charger
The Ryobi RY803111 comes with a three-year warranty for personal use. However, when used for commercial applications, this warranty period goes down to 90 days.
In case of any issue, you can contact Ryobi and they will assist you with replacements.
1-800-525-2579 / 1-800-860-4050
Contacting Ryobi via email will require you to create an account on www.ryobitools.com
One World Technologies, Inc., 100 Innovation Way, Anderson, SC 29621
- 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭. The Ryobi RY803111 comes with Ryobi’s ONE+ E-Start system that will enable you to run the machine with a simple push of a button.
- 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥. Capable of delivering a cleaning unit count of 8,000, this pressure washer is one of the most powerful around. You will be able to accomplish all household and many commercial tasks with the help of this machine.
- 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬.This machine is supported by large 12-in tires. This means that you will be able to move the pressure washer around your yard with ease and no stability problems.
- 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬. This Ryobi pressure washer has an onboard detergent tank and an automatic 20:1 dilution capability.
- 𝟑-𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐮𝐬𝐞. Ryobi provides a three-year warranty if the machine is used for personal purposes. Note that the warranty for commercial jobs is 90 days.
- 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤-𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐧𝐨𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞𝐬. The 4 quick-attach nozzles (0°, 25°. 40°, and soap) provided with the machine will help you switch between tasks with minimal effort.
- 𝐀 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫. This is a 72-pound pressure washer, making it one of the heaviest pressure washers around. However, the large wheels make it easy to take the pressure washer around.
- 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 “𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞” 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞. The Ryobi RY803111 is capable of delivering 8,000 cleaning units. However, the price of this pressure washer is above average, giving it an “average” value on our rating scale.
- 𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 & 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬. Gas-powered pressure washers require frequent maintenance and there is also the cost of fuel. Sometimes, you may have to deal with gas fumes too.
The Ryobi RY803111 can be set up in a few quick steps. You can follow the instructions below and assemble the product all by yourself, right at home.
Steps required for assembly:
- Start by installing the handle on top of the body frame. Do this by pushing and holding the buttons on the handle frame and sliding the handle onto it. Do this until you hear a clock sound.
- To use the electric start on the pressure washer, you need to connect the battery cable to the jack at the back of the battery compartment. Do this in three simple steps:
- Locate and unwrap the battery cable in the box.
- Plug the cable into the jack located at the back of the battery compartment.
- Use the clips provided to secure the cable to the frame of the pressure washer.
- Next, it is time to set up the spray gun. Do this by placing the threaded end of the wand into the opening in front of the trigger gun. Rotate it into the spray wand until the connection is secure.
- Now use the collar on the high-pressure hose to connect it to the opening at the lower end of the spray gun. Thread the collar in the clockwise direction until it is tightly attached.
- Attach the free end of the high-pressure hose to the water outlet located at the bottom, at the back of the pressure washer. Secure the connection by turning the collar clockwise into the outlet.
- Next to the water outlet for the high-pressure hose, you will find the water inlet for your garden hose. Tighten the garden hose onto the opening by hand.
With the garden hose attached, your assembly process is now complete!
Once you are done with the assembly process, check if all connections are secured. Also, look out for the following things:
- Ensure that the lubricant has been poured into the tank
- Ensure that the battery is in the compartment assigned to it
- Turn the fuel valve to “On”
- Push the choke to the “Start” position
- Attach the preferred nozzle to the spray wand
After you have been able to complete the above-mentioned steps, you can use either the electric start or the cord provided. Push the button to the “On” position and the pressure washer is now ready to use.
Here is what each nozzle is good for:
- Blue (Soap) Nozzle: Low pressure, wide flow nozzle. To be used for soaping up your car, windows, etc.
- Red (0°) Nozzle: Very high pressure, low flow. Stubborn grime & hard-to-reach areas.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. Cleaning sidewalk, brick, wood, driveways, etc.
- White (40°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. Gentle cleaning of lawn equipment, cars, boats, and RVs.
To use the detergent tank, open the lid on top and fill the tank with a pressure washer detergent. The machine comes with a 20:1 automatic dilution ability and can be directly used for soaping, without diluting the soap.
However, be sure to check that the detergent used is suitable for pressure washers and can be used without dilution. Once you secure the lid back on, you can switch over to the blue soaping nozzle and get started on the job.
Verdict on the Ryobi RY803111
The Ryobi RY803111 is a gas-powered machine that is powerful and thoughtfully designed. Fitted with an electric start system, the machine allows you to switch it on with a push of a button. The three-year limited warranty also sets this one apart from many other models.
If you are looking for a powerful, gas-powered pressure washer and an electric start is important to you, this Ryobi model is a great choice. However, it comes at a premium price and you will have to decide whether the warranty and the electric start are worth the extra cash you will have to shell out.
>> Read More: Best Gas Pressure Washers
Specification: Ryobi RY803111 Review