Ryobi 3000 PSI (RY803001) Pressure Washer Review
The Ryobi RY803001 is a heavy-duty, gas pressure washer that is an average value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Ryobi RY803001 is a heavy-duty, gas-powered pressure washer. With an impressive cleaning unit count of 6900, this machine is capable of handling most residential and commercial cleaning jobs.
Its great customer reviews make this Ryobi 3000 PSI pressure washer our second-highest rated gas pressure washer currently available.
It has a heavy build but is supported by a set of 12-inch tires, adding to the maneuverability of the machine. Other user-friendly features include an onboard detergent tank, automatic detergent dilution, and a three-year warranty.
Despite all this, the stand out feature of the Ryobi RY803001 is the 5-in-1 change-over nozzle fitting. This nozzle switches between 5 different nozzle settings (0°, 25°, 40°, soap fan, and soap jet) via a simple rotation.
This Ryobi RY803001 review will cover the specs, what comes with the unit, common customer complaints, and how it compares to similar models.
|Flow Rate||2.3 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||6900 cleaning units|
|Gas Tank||0.25 Gallon|
|Dimensions||21″(D) x 21″(W) x 23.5″(H)|
|Hose Length||35 ft|
|Water Type||Cold (104°F max)|
The Ryobi RY803001 is a powerful pressure washer. It is capable of delivering 3000 PSI at 2.3 GPM, which cumulatively translates into a cleaning unit count of 6900. This is enough power for almost any cleaning job around the house or job site.
The Ryobi 5-in-1 change-over nozzle that comes with this pressure washer allows you to switch the water flow effortlessly. You can choose from a 0°, 25°, 40°, soap fan, and soap jet nozzle, without the hassle of carrying around 5 different nozzle tips.
Although most users have found this gas-powered machine’s performance to be durable and consistent, there have been some issues with use after long-term storage.
The impressive power of this model also comes at a comparatively high price tag and that is the reason why this pressure washer is rated as “average” according to our scale.
>> Read More: Best Gas Pressure Washers
The design of the Ryobi 3000 PSI pressure washer is very user-friendly. This starts right from the assembly process, which is quick and simple and carries right down to the tip of the machine with Ryobi’s 5-in-1 change-over nozzle.
At roughly 57 pounds, this Ryobi pressure washer is a heavy machine. To ensure that its weight does not compromise your movement and reach, the pressure washer is supported by 12-inch wheels. Ryobi also provides a 35-ft high-pressure hose to improve your accessibility.
This machine is also fitted with a detergent tank and has the ability to dilute your detergent in a 20:1 water-detergent ratio.
These features make the Ryobi RY803001 a versatile and user-friendly pressure washer, and it shows by its great customer reviews.
Heavy-duty and gas-powered, this Ryobi pressure washer is a noisy machine when compared to electric pressure washers. You might want to take this into consideration when deciding when to use it.
What Comes in the Box
Here is what you will find in the Ryobi RY803001 box:
- Pressure Washer
- 35 ft. High-Pressure Hose
- Trigger Handle
- Spray Wand
- 5-in-1 Change-over Nozzle
- 4-Cycle Engine Lubricant (SAE 30 or SAE 10W30)
- Disposable Funnel
The Ryobi RY803001 comes with a three-year warranty for personal use. However, when used for commercial applications, this warranty period goes down to 90 days.
In case of any issue, you can contact Ryobi and they will assist you with replacements.
Contacting Ryobi via email will require you to create an account on www.ryobitools.com
One World Technologies, Inc., 100 Innovation Way, Anderson, SC 29621
- 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝗰𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄𝘀. The Ryobi 3000 PSI pressure washer has some of the best customer reviews of all the pressure washers we have reviewed.
- 𝟱-𝗶𝗻-𝟭 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲-𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘇𝘇𝗹𝗲. The easily attachable and thoughtfully designed nozzle allows you to switch effortlessly between 5 nozzle tips. All this, while cutting out the hassle of carrying 5 tips around.
- 𝟭𝟮-𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗹𝘀. The large wheels that come with the machine provide a solid base, making it a robust and portable design.
- 𝟯𝟱-𝗳𝘁 𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲. A larger than most, 35-ft pressure-hose is what you need to increase your reach by up to 40%. Guess what? The unreachable corner is not out of reach anymore.
- 𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗱𝗶𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝘂𝘀. This Ryobi has an onboard detergent tank and an automatic, 20:1 dilution capability. Soaping anything has never been easier.
- 𝗔 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲-𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝘂𝘀𝗲. Ryobi provides a three-year warranty if the machine is used for personal purposes. Note that the warranty for commercial jobs is 90 days.
- 𝗔 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝘆 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿. This 57-pound machine is heavy and may not be easy for everyone to drag around the house.
- 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 “𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲” 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲. The Ryobi RY803001 is a powerful machine. However, this power comes at a slightly higher cost than some comparable models.
- 𝗠𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁𝘀. Gas-powered pressure washers require frequent maintenance and there is also the cost of fuel. Sometimes, you may have to deal with gas fumes too.
- 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝗷𝗮𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲. Longer durations of storage have resulted in the engine being stubborn and jammed for some users
The Ryobi RY803001 can be installed in a few quick steps. You can follow the instructions below for a hassle-free assembly.
Steps required for assembly:
- Start off by setting up the handle assembly. Align the handle assembly with the handlebars at the back of the pressure washer. Slide the handle down into the handlebars while pressing the latch buttons. Do this until you hear the buttons click.
- At the back of the machine, you will find a velcro strap. This strap can be used to store your high-pressure hose. When the hose is not in use, coil it up and fasten it with the velcro strap.
- After steps 1 and 2, move on to the trigger gun. Attach the spray wand to the front opening of the trigger gun. Secure it by a clockwise rotation of the collar on the spray wand, until the connection is tight.
- When you want to use the pressure washer, you will have to set up the high-pressure hose. You can do this in three simple steps:
- Unfasten the high-pressure hose from the velcro strap at the back.
- Connect one end of the high-pressure hose to the opening at the bottom of the trigger gun. Secure this by rotating clockwise.
- Now, attach the free end of the high-pressure hose to the water outlet located at the back of the pressure washer. Secure this by rotating the collar on the high-pressure hose in a clockwise direction.
- Now shift your focus to the lubricant required. On the right side of the machine, you will find a small whitish-grey colored lid. Open the lid and pour in the company provided lubricant that comes with the box.
- Move to the top of the engine where you will find a black lid. Open the lid and pour in suitable engine oil. Do not use E15 or E85 fuel in this product.
- Next, attach the garden hose to your pressure washer for water supply. The water inlet you are looking for is located at the back of the pressure washer, just below the water outlet for the high-pressure hose. Use only cold water for your jobs.
- Attach the 5-in-1 change-over nozzle to the front of your spray wand and select the nozzle fitting as per requirement.
Now, your Ryobi 3000 PSI pressure washer is ready to go.
Once you are done with the assembly process, check if all connections are secured. Make sure to check if the engine oil and lubricant have been poured into the machine before turning on the engine. Ensure that the lids are properly tightened.
Flip the switch at the left side of the machine to “on”, pull the choke out to start, and turn the valve switch horizontally to open. Now pull the cord at the top of the engine to start your Ryobi RY803001.
This Ryobi pressure washer comes with the Ryobi developed 5-in-1 change-over nozzle that has the following 5 nozzle options.
- 5-in1(1) (Soap jet) Nozzle: Low pressure, low flow nozzle. To be used for soaping up your car, windows, etc.
- 5-in1(2) (Soap ) Nozzle: Low pressure, wide flow nozzle. To be used for soaping up your car.
- 5-in1(3) (0°) Nozzle: Very high pressure, low flow. Suitable for concrete, brick, masonry.
- 5-in1(4) (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. Suitable for concrete, brick, masonry, can be used for siding, gutters, fencing, deck, patio.
- 5-in1(5) (40°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. Suitable for concrete, brick, masonry, can be used for siding, gutters, fencing, deck, patio. Can be used for lawn equipment, boats, and RV.
To use the detergent tank, open the lid on top and fill the tank with a pressure washer detergent. The machine comes with a 20:1 automatic dilution ability and can be directly used for soaping, without diluting the soap.
However, be sure to check that the detergent used is suitable for pressure washers and can be used without dilution. Once you secure the lid back on, you can switch over to either of the soaping nozzles and get started on the job.
Verdict on the Ryobi RY803001
With impressive power and a three-year non-commercial use warranty, the Ryobi RY803001 is a solid machine. It can easily accomplish your residential or commercial jobs. The 5-in-1 change-over nozzle is a feature that removes the hassles of carrying multiple tips.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty, gas-powered pressure washer with great customer reviews, this Ryobi 3000 PSI pressure washer checks all boxes. If you do not mind paying a premium for the change-over nozzle and the superior warranty, this can be the model of choice for you.
Specification: Ryobi 3000 PSI (RY803001) Pressure Washer Review