Generac 7122 SpeedWash Review
|Generac 7122 SpeedWash||9.7|
The Generac 7122 SpeedWash is a heavy-duty, gas pressure washer that is a great value based on its power and customer reviews.
Generac’s 7122 SpeedWash is a gas-powered, heavy-duty power washer. This machine is a sturdy and efficient design, saving you time and effort every time you use it.
With a cleaning unit count of 8640, this pressure washer is one of the most powerful machines around. Equipped with a whole range of nozzle tips and Generac developed PowerDial, this Generac model will help you with any residential or commercial cleaning job.
This detailed Generac 7122 SpeedWash review will take you through all the necessary details about the product and whether you should spend the big bucks on this powerful pressure washer.
|Generac 7122 SpeedWash||Specs|
|Flow Rate||2.7 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||8640 cleaning units|
|Gas Tank||3.2 quart|
|Pump Type||Axial cam|
|Dimensions||24.2″(D) x 18.9″(W) x 35.5″(H)|
|Hose Length||25 ft|
|Detergent Tanks||0.5 gallon|
|Water Type||Cold (100°F max)|
The Generac 7122 SpeedWash delivers 3200 PSI at 2.7 GPM, which will give you an impressive cleaning unit count of 8640. But its impressive power is not the only reason why this machine is a great performer.
Its PowerDial trigger gun gives you the option to choose between surfaces (wood, car, patio, or concrete) you want to clean and alters the pressure automatically based on your choice. The nozzle fittings also give you various spray angles, giving you the flexibility to clean any surface.
Customer reviews about the machine are mostly positive, with the power delivered living up to expectations. When comparing the power to the price, the Generac 7122 SpeedWasher is rated as a “great” value. All of this together helped the Generac 7122 SpeedWash make our list of the best pressure washers for 2021!
>> Read More: Best Gas Pressure Washers
The Generac 7122 SpeedWash has a user-friendly and thoughtful design. This design intricacy starts from the easy assembly process and continues through to the durable brass head axial cam pump.
This model has been named SpeedWash because it comes with a Turbo nozzle that will enable you to clean up to 30% faster. Adding to the quick and efficient cleaning design is Generac’s PowerBroom attachment that is good for cleaning surfaces with its 12-in of coverage space, cleaning more area in less time.
Soaping difficult parts of your house or car is also easy with the Generac 7122 SpeedWash. It comes with an onboard detergent tank and a Soap Blaster attachment that dispenses soap 3 times farther than regular soap nozzles.
Keep in mind, that as with most gas pressure washers, the SpeedWash is quite heavy at 62 pounds and requires frequent maintenance.
The Generac 7122 SpeedWash is a gas-powered machine. The running engine is loud, so it is advisable to be cognizant of when you use it.
What Comes in the Box
In the box of Generac 7122 SpeedWash, you will find the following parts:
- Main Unit
- Handle Assembly
- High-pressure Hose
- Siphon Hose & Filter
- Spray Gun
- Hose Hook Wireform
- Bag of Colored Nozzles
The Generac 7122 SpeedWash comes with a 3-year engine warranty and a 2-year warranty on the remaining parts. If anything goes wrong, you can contact Generac to get replacement parts.
1-888-GENERAC or 1-888-436-3722
Generac Power Systems, Inc., S45 W29290 Hwy. 59, Waukesha, WI 5318
- 𝗩𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿. Delivering an enviable 8640 cleaning units, the Generac 7122 SpeedWash is one of the most powerful pressure washers in its class.
- 𝗗𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘆 𝘂𝘀𝗲. With attachments like the Power Broom and the Turbo nozzle, the Generac 7122 Speedwash is a quick and efficient design. It will save you time, water, and effort.
- 𝗠𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗶𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀. With its four nozzle fittings, this Generac pressure washer can clean everything from dirt and grime to your patio furniture.
- 𝗘𝗿𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗰 𝗣𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗗𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗽𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝗴𝘂𝗻. Generac’s unique PowerDial spray gun gives the user an option to switch between multiple pressure settings. Just rotate the dial to choose any among the wood, concrete, soap, and car pressure settings.
- 𝗙𝗮𝗿-𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝗼𝗮𝗽 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘇𝘇𝗹𝗲. Another unique Generac innovation is the Soap Blaster nozzle, capable of delivering soap up to 3 times farther than usual soap nozzles.
- 𝗗𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗽𝘂𝗺𝗽 𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗲. This pressure washer is built on the more durable brass head axial cam pump, adding to the machine’s longevity.
- 𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗴. Although the Generac 7122 SpeedWash is powerful, it is amongst the most expensive pressure washers you can buy.
- 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝘃𝘆 𝗺𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲. At 62 lbs, the 7122 SpeedWash is a heavy machine that will require relatively more effort to drag around the house.
- 𝗢𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁. Like other gas pressure washers, the 7122 SpeedWash consumes gas every time it is used and requires lubrication. You will have to change the oil regularly.
This Generac pressure washer is easy to assemble. You can click on the link below and watch the assembly process.
You can also follow the steps outlined below and set the machine up at home.
Steps required for assembly:
- Start by attaching the handle assembly to the handle support. Align the handle and the support, push the latch buttons on the support and start sliding the handle down. The buttons will lock the handle assembly into place.
- Now, install the hose hook at the back of the handle assembly by sliding it into place.
- Next, set the colored nozzle fittings onto the handle assembly. You can do this by following the color code laid out on the handle assembly.
- Connect the siphon tube to the machine and the on-board detergent tank. You can do this in two simple steps:
- Attach one end to the machine by pushing it into the opening provided at the top of the high-pressure hose outlet.
- Attach the other end into the opening provided on the lid of the detergent tank.
- Fill the engine oil tank on the left side of the machine with the recommended engine oil. Once done, ensure that the lid is properly secured.
- Next, open the lid on top of the black color fuel tank. Fill this tank with the recommended fuel. Here are some pointers about this step:
- Use clean, fresh, unleaded gasoline.
- Minimum rating of 87 octane/87 AKI (91
- Up to 10% ethanol (gasohol) is acceptable.
- DO NOT use E85.
- DO NOT use a gas oil mix.
- Now you can connect the high-pressure hose to the water outlet and the trigger gun.
- Take one end of the high-pressure hose and attach it to the upper outlet at the back of the machine. Press the hose into the outlet and turn it clockwise until the connection is secure.
- Now connect the free end of the high-pressure hose to the opening at the bottom of the gun. You can do this by inserting the hose into this opening and turning it clockwise until the connection is secure.
- Finally, attach the garden hose to the inlet just below the high-pressure hose outlet at the back of the machine. Press the garden hose into the opening until the connection is secure. Connect the other end to your water supply.
With this final step, your pressure washer is all set up.
Once the pressure washer is all set up, ensure that all the connections are secure. Once the check is complete, flip the switch at the front of your machine to “on.”
Pull the recoil gently at first. Once there is some resistance, switch to pulling the recoil forcefully. After the pressure washer is running, squeeze the trigger for about 30 seconds to release all air pressure.
The Generac 7122 SpeedWash comes with multiple nozzle fittings. The table given below can help you decide which fitting can be used by you, depending on the job at hand.
- Turbo (0°) Nozzle: High pressure, swerving throw. Helps remove stubborn grime and dirt 30% faster than regular nozzles.
- Red (0°) Nozzle: Very high pressure, low flow. To clean surfaces like unpainted metal or concrete.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. Ideal for use on sidewalks, lawn furniture, concrete, and brick surfaces.
- White (40°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. To clean wood, painted brick, and stucco, vinyl, painted siding.
- Black (Soap) Nozzle: Soap nozzle. For applying soap and detergent.
- Soap Blaster (Soap) Nozzle: Soap nozzle with up to 3 times farther reach. Allows you to apply soap and detergent on surfaces that may be out of your reach.
- Power Broom (4 nozzle tips) Nozzle: 12” surface cleaner that works with high-pressure nozzles. Ideal for cleaning flat surfaces like sidewalks and patios.
To use the detergent tank, start by filling the tank with a detergent solution. Ensure that the solution used is suitable for pressure washers. You might have to prepare a diluted mix in case the detergent label asks you to do so.
Now you need to check if the siphon hose is in place. Finally, attach either the soap nozzle or the Soap Blaster nozzle, and you are good to go.
Verdict on the Generac 7122 SpeedWash
The Generac 7122 SpeedWash lives up to the power and superior design elements it promises. With the plethora of attachments that come with it, you can clean any surface quickly and effectively.
If you require a powerful pressure washer for multiple types of cleaning and frequent use—and don’t mind the price tag—this is a great option to consider.
Specification: Generac 7122 SpeedWash Review
There are no reviews yet.