Generac 6882 2900 PSI Speedwash Review
The Generac 6882 is a heavy-duty, gas pressure washer that is a great value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Generac 6882 is a heavy-duty, gas-powered pressure washer. It is a powerful machine that runs on a 196cc engine. The max pressure of 2900 PSI generated by the machine is enough for almost all household cleaning jobs and even some commercial jobs.
The Generac 6882 SpeedWash pressure washer comes with some useful attachments. The Turbo and Soap Blaster nozzles help you finish your jobs faster and increase your reach.
The PowerDial spray gun allows you to switch the pressure based on the surface being cleaned. Other features of note include an onboard detergent tank and a 3-year engine warranty. The warranty for other parts is 2 years.
This detailed Generac 6882 review will give you everything you need to know about the product and whether it is a good buy for you.
|Flow Rate||2.4 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||6960 cleaning units|
|Gas Tank||0.5 gallon (1.9L)|
|Pump Type||Axial cam|
|Dimensions||24.2″(D) x 18.9″(W) x 35.5″(H)|
|Hose Length||25 ft|
|Detergent Tanks||0.5 gallon (1.9L)|
|Water Type||Cold (100°F max)|
This Generac pressure washer produces 2900 PSI at a flow rate of 2.4 GPM. This translates into an impressive cleaning unit count of 6960. The power on this machine is more than enough for domestic uses and can be used for some commercial applications too.
The Generac 6882 is a unique machine when it comes to performance on different surfaces. Along with the different nozzles provided, Generac’s PowerDial spray gun is a fine attachment. It gives you the option to change the water pressure with the simple turn of a dial that provides four options (wood, car, concrete, and soap)
Users have found some issues with the engine getting stuck and not performing after long storage durations. However, these concerns are common across most gas-powered machines and the issue is usually resolvable.
Overall, the power/price ratio, along with the effective attachments, are the reasons why this machine has been rated as “Good” value on our scale.
All of this together helped the Generac 6882 make our list of the best pressure washers for 2021!
>> Read More: Best Gas Pressure Washers
The Generac 6882 was designed to produce an effective and user-friendly experience. Everything from the easy assembly to the spray gun delivers in terms of making the machine conducive to easy and versatile use.
The Turbo nozzle enables you to clean up to 30% faster whereas the PowerDial trigger gun helps you switch pressure at the tip of your fingers.
This pressure washer also has an on-board detergent tank and comes equipped with a Soap Blaster nozzle. This nozzle increases your reach by up to 3 times, making it possible for you to soap that previously unreachable spot.
At 57 pounds, the machine is heavy but is supported by large tires that ensure stability and maneuverability.
Generac 6882 is a heavy-duty and gas-powered machine. Once you switch on the engine, the pressure washer can be noisy. Therefore, it is advisable to use it at appropriate times as to not disturb neighbors.
What Comes in the Box
In the Generac 6882 pack, you will find the following parts:
- Main Unit
- Handle Assembly
- High-pressure Hose
- Siphon Hose & Filter
- Spray Gun
- Hose Hook Wireform
- Bag of Colored Nozzles (Turbo and Soap Blaster included in pack)
The Generac 6882 is protected by a 3-year engine warranty and a 2-year warranty on the remaining parts. If anything goes wrong, you can contact Generac to get replacements.
1-888-GENERAC or 1-888-436-3722
Generac Power Systems, Inc.
S45 W29290 Hwy. 59
Waukesha, WI 5318
- 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲. This Generac 2900 PSI pressure washer generates decent power and comes at a reasonable price. It ranks well on the power-to-price index.
- 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿-𝗳𝗹𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗹𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆. The wheels are designed to ensure that rugged terrains are no bar for this pressure washer.
- 𝟯-𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘆. The Generac 6882 is supported by a 3-year engine warranty and two-year other parts warranty when used for domestic applications.
- 𝗠𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗶𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀. With its four nozzle fittings, this Generac pressure washer can clean everything from dirt and grime to your patio furniture.
- 𝗘𝗿𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗰 𝗣𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗗𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗽𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝗴𝘂𝗻. Generac’s unique PowerDial spray gun gives the user an option to switch between multiple pressure settings. Just rotate the dial to choose any among the wood, concrete, soap, and car pressure settings.
- 𝗙𝗮𝗿-𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝗼𝗮𝗽 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘇𝘇𝗹𝗲. Another unique Generac innovation is the Soap Blaster nozzle, capable of delivering soap up to 3 times farther than usual soap nozzles.
- 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝘃𝘆 𝗺𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲. At 57 lbs, the 6882 SpeedWash is a heavy machine that requires relatively more effort to drag around the yard.
- 𝗢𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁. Gas-powered machines come with some caveats. The 6882 is gas-powered and this means regular maintenance and operational costs to run smoothly.
- 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗷𝗮𝗺𝘀. Some users have found that the machine is difficult to set in motion when used after a long storage period.
Using the Generac 6882 2900 PSI Speedwash
The Generac 6882 can be easily assembled at home. You are required to complete just a few simple steps, including:
Steps required for assembly:
- Start by attaching the handle assembly to the handle support. Align the handle and the support, push the latch buttons on the support and start sliding the handle down. The buttons will lock the handle assembly into place.
- Once the handle assembly is in place, fasten the trigger gun holder to the right side of the handle. This can be done by placing the holder correctly and pushing in the plastic nuts to tighten the hold.
- Now, install the hose hook at the back of the handle assembly by sliding it into place. When the high-pressure hose is not in use, you can simply coil it and hang it there.
- Next, set the colored nozzle fittings onto the handle assembly. You can do this by following the color code laid out on the handle assembly.
- To set up your PowerDial trigger gun, attach the spray wand to the opening at the front of the trigger gun. This can be done effortlessly with the quick-attach connection the wand comes with. Once in place, lock the wand by turning the gun’s collar clockwise.
- Connect the siphon tube to the machine and the on-board detergent tank. You can do this in two simple steps:
- Attach one end to the machine by pushing it into the opening provided at the top of the high-pressure hose outlet at the back of the machine.
- Attach the other end into the opening provided on the lid of the detergent tank.
- Fill the engine oil tank on the left side of the machine with the recommended engine oil. Once done, ensure that the lid is properly secured.
- Next, open the lid on top of the black color fuel tank. Fill this tank with the recommended fuel. Here are some pointers about this step:
- Use clean, fresh, unleaded gasoline.
- Minimum rating of 87 octane/87 AKI (91 RON).
- Up to 10% ethanol (gasohol) is acceptable.
- DO NOT use E85.
- DO NOT use a gas oil mix.
- Now you can connect the high-pressure hose to the water outlet and the trigger gun.
- Take one end of the high-pressure hose and attach it to the upper outlet at the back of the machine. Press the hose into the outlet and turn it clockwise until the connection is secure.
- Now connect the free end of the high-pressure hose to the opening at the bottom of the gun. You can do this by inserting the hose into this opening and turning it clockwise until the connection is secure.
- Finally, attach the garden hose to the inlet just below the high-pressure hose outlet at the back of the machine. Press the garden hose into the opening until the connection is secure. Connect the other end to your water supply.
After these simple steps, your pressure washer will be ready for use.
After the pressure washer is all set up, ensure that all the connections are secure. Once the check is complete, flip the switch on the left side of your machine to “on.”
Pull the recoil and the machine will likely start after the first tug. In case it doesn’t, a couple more tugs should get the engine roaring.
Here is a guide to the nozzle fittings you can use with the Generac 6882 at your disposal.
- Turbo (0°) Nozzle: High pressure, swerving throw. To clean stubborn grime and dirt 30% faster than regular nozzles.
- Red (0°) Nozzle: Very high pressure, low flow. To clean surfaces like unpainted metal or concrete; DO NOT use on wood.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. For yard tools, sidewalks, lawn furniture, unpainted siding, stucco, gutters, concrete, brick surfaces.
- White (40°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. To clean wood, painted brick, and stucco, vinyl, painted siding.
- Black (Soap) Nozzle: Soap nozzle. For applying soap and detergent. Ok on all surfaces.
- Black (Soap Blaster) Nozzle: Soap nozzle with 3 times farther reach. Allows you to apply soap and detergent on surfaces that may be out of your reach.
To use the detergent tank, start by filling the tank with a detergent solution. Ensure that the solution used is suitable for pressure washers. You might have to prepare a diluted mix in case the detergent label asks you to do so.
Now you need to check if the siphon hose is in place. Finally, attach either the soap nozzle or the Soap Blaster nozzle, and you are good to go.
Verdict on the Generac 6882 2900 PSI Speedwash
The Generac 6882 is a well-designed, versatile, and user-friendly machine. Along with its multiple attachments, it comes with the ability to generate an impressive amount of power. It is also protected by a good warranty period.
If you are looking for a heavy-duty pressure washer that isn’t too expensive, the Generac 6882 2900 PSI pressure washer is one of the best options available today.
Specification: Generac 6882 2900 PSI Speedwash Review