Sun Joe SPX3500 Review
|Sun Joe SPX3500||8.9|
The Sun Joe SPX3500 is a medium-duty, electric pressure washer that is a good value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Sun Joe SPX3500 is a medium-duty, electric pressure washer that is powered by a 120V motor. The SPX3500 delivers 2300 PSI and 1.48 GPM, which should be suitable for almost any job around your home.
To make your washing jobs easier, the Sun Joe SPX3500 also comes with 5 different types of nozzles that can be mounted on the trigger gun. From washing your car to cleaning moss-covered surfaces, you can choose the nozzle that best suits the pressure requirements for the job.
As part of the “No questions asked” Sun Joe customer promise, the SPX3500 is protected by a two-year warranty that covers any problems that occur from regular home applications.
However, there are other things that you must take into account before making your decision. This detailed review of the Sun Joe SPX3500 goes over everything you need to know to decide whether it is the right pressure washer for you.
|Sun Joe SPX3500||Specs|
|Pressure||2300 PSI max (2000 PSI rated)|
|Flow Rate||1.48 GPM (1.09 GPM rated)|
|Cleaning Power||3404 cleaning units (2180 CU rated)|
|Motor Details||120 V, 13 amps, 2000 watts|
|Dimensions||16.7″(D) x 14.5″(W) x 36″(H)|
|Hose Length||20 ft|
|Power Cord Length||35 ft|
|Detergent Tanks||40 fl oz tank (1.2L)|
|Water Type||Cold (104°F max)|
The Sun Joe SPX3500 is a medium-duty pressure washer with a maximum GPM of 1.48 and PSI of 2300. At first glance, this pressure washer seems to deliver an impressive 3404 cleaning units.
The caveat is that these numbers are only absolute maximums that occur with the narrowest nozzle (0°). Given that the width of the stream from this nozzle is closer to a pinpoint than a baseball, it isn’t practical for cleaning large surfaces.
The rated PSI and GPM of 2000 and 1.09, respectively, bring the cleaning unit count down to an underwhelming 2180. These are the max numbers you can expect to get while doing your actual cleaning.
When comparing the rated maximum pressure and flow rate to the cost, the Sun Joe SPX3500 ends up being a good value rating on our scale.
>> Read More: Best Electric Pressure Washers
This Sun Joe pressure washer comes with a 20-ft high-pressure hose, a 35-ft power cord, and two large wheels. This means that you should have no problem moving it around the yard and reaching all parts of your house.
On the flip side, the SPX3500 definitely lacks a lightweight design. At 46.5 lbs, it is one of the heaviest electric pressure washers available.
The Sun Joe SPX3500 is well designed for on-board accessory storage. Along with the nozzles, trigger gun, and other parts, it also provides for a 1.2 L detergent tank and has automatic dilution. However, it does not have a hose reel; instead, Sun Joe has gone for a hose holder.
Another notable feature is the Total Stop System (TSS), which shuts off the pump when the trigger is not pressed. This helps the pump last longer and saves energy.
The Sun Joe SPX3500 is an electric pressure washer, powered by a brushless induction motor. This makes the SPX3500 a quieter and cooler machine when compared to other pressure washers, especially those that are gas-powered.
What Comes in the Box
Your Sun Joe SPX3500 box will come with the following items:
- Electric pressure washer base
- Handle with high-pressure hose holder
- Nozzle storage board
- Spray wand protector
- Trigger gun holder
- 4.8 x 20 screws (2)
- 4.8 x 16 screws (5)
- Spray wand
- Trigger gun
- Needle clean-out tool
- 5 Quick-Connect nozzles (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and Soap)
- High-pressure hose
- Garden hose adapter
- Manuals with registration card
The Sun Joe SPX3500 comes with a two-year warranty. If an issue arises, you can contact Snow Joe via the following means.
Customer Service Department, Snow Joe Center, 86 Executive Avenue, Edison, NJ 08817
- 𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬. The SPX3500 comes with 5 nozzle fittings that keep you prepared for any job.
- 𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦. Automatically shutting off the pump when not in use, the TSS helps you conserve power and improves the longevity of your pump.
- 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝. This model comes with a large 1.2 L detergent tank that can store enough detergent for almost any home application.
- 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. This Sun Joe is one of the few pressure washers that offer automatic detergent dilution. You can fill up the detergent tank and you are ready to go.
- 𝐎𝐧-𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞. The Sun Joe SPX3500 provides space for all its accessories. This allows you to store the machine conveniently, when not in use.
- 𝟐-𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲. The “No questions asked” Sun Joe customer promise is definitely a notable benefit of the product especially when compared to other washers that come with 1-year warranties.
- 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞. When comparing its power to the cost, the Sun Joe SPX3500 rates out as a good value on our scale.
- 𝐋𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝. Although the maximum GPM and PSI counts are impressive, the machine only delivers on this when fitted with the 0º nozzle. With the other (more practical) nozzles, the SPX3500 is underwhelming compared to other washers.
- 𝐀 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞. At 46.5 lbs, this model is one of the heaviest pressure washers. Moving it around your yard may not be as easy as other pressure washers, though the wheels should help.
- 𝐍𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐥. This pressure washer has a hose holder rather than a hose reel. The latter is usually more convenient for hose storage
The Sun Joe SPX3500 requires a few quick steps before it is ready for use. You can set up the pressure washer by following the listed steps. You can also click on the link below to help you with the assembly.
Steps required for assembly:
- Start by sliding the handle and hose holder on top of the machine. Once in position, screw on the holder with two 4.8 x 20 screws and two 4.8 x 16 screws with a Philipps head screwdriver.
- At the back of the machine, below the handle fitting, you will find space for the nozzle holder. Put it in place and screw it on using two 4.8 x 16 screws.
- Next up is the trigger gun holder. When looking at the pressure washer from the front, slide the trigger gun holder onto the left side of the handle.
- Once this is done, set up the spray wand protector by following two simple steps
- Snap the tab in place at the bottom left side of the pressure washer(bottom right if you are looking directly at the front of the pressure washer)
- Once in place, secure the tab with a 4.8 x 16 screw.
- Now you can set up the spray wand and trigger gun. Fit the spray wand into the trigger gun and rotate till the spray wand and the trigger gun are properly locked.
- Insert one end of the high-pressure hose into the opening at the bottom of the trigger gun. Rotate by hand till the connection is secure.
- Connect the free end of the high-pressure hose to the water outlet at the back of the machine. Rotate till it is tightly secured.
- Finally, connect the garden hose to the outlet at the front of the pressure washer. This can be done by following these steps
- Attach the garden hose adapter to the water inlet.
- Secure the connection between the garden hose and the adapter by threading the male end of the garden hose into the adapter.
- Connect the free end of the garden hose to the water supply.
Your Sun Joe SPX3500 is ready!
After you assemble the Sun Joe SPX3500, check for the security of the connections.
Ensure that the trigger gun’s safety lock is in place while doing this. Once the connections are secure, switch on the power connection, and turn the power switch on the front of the machine clockwise to “on”. Remove the safety lock on your trigger gun and you are good to go.
The Sun Joe SPX3500 gives a wide range of nozzle fittings to choose from. This table will help you decide the nozzle that fits your purpose the best.
- Orange (0°) Nozzle: Very high pressure, low flow. Stubborn grime & hard-to-reach areas.
- Yellow (15°) Nozzle: High pressure, medium flow. Hard surfaces, heavy mildew stains, rust, oil stains, paint removal.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. Cleaning siding, brick, wood, driveways, etc.
- Gray (40°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. Gentle cleaning of cars, boats, patio furniture, etc.
- Black (Soap) Nozzle: Soap nozzle. For applying soap and detergent.
When you are looking to use the soaping feature of the Sun Joe SPX3500, here’s what you can do.
- First, remove the lid of the detergent tank and slide it out of its resting position on the machine.
- Fill the detergent tank with detergent, put the tank back in place, and tighten the lid back on. You do not need to dilute the detergent but remember to use a detergent fit for pressure washer use. You can use the dial on the front of the pressure washer to use the perfect amount of soap for the job.
- Finally, fit the soap nozzle on the spray wand and you are ready to soap up anything.
Verdict on the Sun Joe SPX3500
The Sun Joe SPX3500 is a well-designed pressure washer with many great features. It is sturdy and comes with nozzle fittings that make it suitable for multiple applications. It also comes with a two-year warranty.
Supported by largely positive reviews, the Sun Joe SPX3500 is a good choice for use around the home. Be sure to check that the machine is not too heavy for you and if the rated power of the machine is suitable for your requirements.
Specification: Sun Joe SPX3500 Review