Stanley SHP2150 Review
The Stanley SHP2150 is a medium-duty, electric pressure washer that is a great value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Stanley SHP2150 is a medium-duty electric pressure washer that is certified by the CSA for its safety features.
It delivers 2150 PSI of pressure and produces a flow rate of 1.4 GPM at an affordable price. It also has the best customer reviews in the industry, helping make it our best-rated pressure washer for 2021.
The Stanley SHP2150 comes with 4 quick-connect nozzle tips and a foam cannon, so you can easily switch between tasks. It also has the Total Stop System (TSS, for short) that shuts off the pump whenever the trigger is not squeezed, adding efficiency and durability.
Its design provides ample on-board storage and the machine is protected by a quality two-year warranty period (note that in the second year, only the manufacturer’s defects are covered).
This Stanley SHP2150 review will help you decide whether this great pressure washer fits your needs,
|Flow Rate||1.4 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||3010 cleaning units|
|Motor Details||120 V, 13 amps|
|Dimensions||14.6″(D) x 13.6″(W) x 26.77″(H)|
|Hose Length||25 ft|
|Power Cord Length||35 ft|
The Stanley SHP2150 delivers a cleaning unit count of 3010 cleaning units. The power that it delivers is enough for your household jobs and possibly even some commercial applications. The Total Stop System enhances the durability and the performance of this machine by making it more efficient.
This pressure washer comes with 4 quick-connect nozzles (0°, 15°, 25°, and 40°) that ensure that it is easy for you to switch from one task to another. You can use the foam cannon and the 4 quick-connect nozzles to clean anything from a car, or patio furniture to rusty metal surfaces.
Due to its considerable power and extremely affordable price, the Stanley SHP2150 comes in as a “Great” value on our rating scale. This, along with its amazing customer reviews, make it tied for our #1 rated electric pressure washer for 2021.
Stanley has created a user-friendly design with this pressure washer. The SHP2150 weighs 25.6 lbs and is supported by a set of wheels. To increase your maneuverability, the machine comes with a 35-ft power cord and a 25-ft high-pressure hose.
The design also provides for ample onboard storage for all accessories. This will allow you to comfortably put this machine away when it’s not in use. There is also a provision for a detergent foam cannon that can be used to soap anything with ease as it comes with automatic dilution capabilities, in a 10:1 water to soap ratio.
Fitted with a zinc steel spray wand and brass connectors, the machine is built to be sturdy. Along with this, Stanley has also provided 0-ring replacements for your nozzles and trigger gun, to ensure that you can easily replace them as and when required.
As an electric pressure washer, the SHP2150 is relatively quiet compared to gas pressure washers. You may want to be cognizant of using it very late at night, since it does produce some sound, but you shouldn’t have to worry about using it during normal daytime hours.
What Comes in the Box
The Stanley SHP2150 box comes with the following parts:
- Power Washer Unit
- Spray Gun Holster
- Nozzle Cleaning Wire
- Soft PVC
- High-Pressure Hose
- Nozzle Tray
- Zinc Steel Lance
- Quick Connect Nozzles
- Spray Gun
- Spray Gun Trigger Lock
- O-Ring Replacement Kit
- Garden Hose Adapter
The Stanley SHP2150 comes with a 2-year warranty. Keep in mind that the second year of the warranty period only covers the manufacturer’s defects.
In case of any issue, you can contact Stanley in the following ways and they will assist you.
You can go to https://support.stanleytools.com/
A.R. North America, Inc. 140 81st Avenue North East Fridley, MN 55432
- 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐬 “𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭” 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞. The SHP 2150 generates good power for a very reasonable price. This power to price ratio gives the machine a “great” value on our rating scale.
- 𝐖𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬𝐞. This machine comes with 4 quick-connect nozzles that will allow you to take up any work at home. You can wash your patio furniture, attack stains on concrete surfaces, and everything in between.
- 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡-𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧. You can attach this accessory to your wand and soap any surface with ease. The high-pressure allows for quick soap application.
- 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. The foam cannon automatically dilutes the soap in a 10:1 ratio.
- 𝐎𝐧-𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞. There is plenty of on-board storage so that you can store it away effortlessly.
- 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 The machine is built with a zinc steel wand and has brass adaptors that ensure a solid connection.
- 𝐎-𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬. Within the purchase box for this model, you get a set of O-ring replacements that can be used to ensure that there is no interruption in its usage.
- 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠-𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞. Although a sturdy machine, some users have found fault with its performance over an extended time period.
The assembly process for the SHP2150 is very simple and can be done at home.
You can also follow these easy steps for setting up your pressure washer.
Steps required for assembly
- You can start the assembly process by setting up the trigger gun holder. When the machine is facing you, you will find a slot to your left(the top-right of the machine). Slip the trigger gun holder into the slot given and slide it into place until you hear a snap.
- Directly below the trigger gun holder, at the bottom of the machine, you will find another slot. Here You can place the trigger gun protector and screw it into place with the AA screw that is provided with the set.
- Next, set up the high-pressure hose by attaching it to the opening on the bottom right of the machine. Do this by pulling back the collar of the hose and inserting the O-ring into the water outlet. Now rotate the collar clockwise at least 6 times. Ensure the connection is secure.
- Connect the free end of the high-pressure hose to the opening at the bottom of the trigger gun by inserting the O-ring and then securing it by turning the collar clockwise till the connection is tight.
- Now connect the zinc steel spray wand with the trigger gun. Insert the spray lance into the opening on the trigger gun, turn the lance clockwise to secure the connection. To remove, turn it counterclockwise.
- You can attach any of the nozzle options available by simply pressing them into the spray wand until you hear a click sound.
- The next step is to attach the garden hose to the water inlet. This inlet is located at the bottom left of the machine, just beside the water outlet. Do this in two simple steps
- Attach the brass adaptor by setting it in place and tightening it by rotating it clockwise.
- Once the adaptor is secure, attach the garden hose to it.
Now your assembly is all done!
Once the assembly process is taken care of, the pressure washer is ready for use. However, before using the pressure washer, make sure to check all the connections. Do this while the safety lock at the bottom of the trigger handle is turned on.
Once the connections are secure, squeeze the trigger handle and let the air in the machine drain out. Now you are set up to use the machine.
- Red (0°) Nozzle: Very high pressure, low flow. To clean surfaces like unpainted metal or concrete; DO NOT use on wood.
- Yellow (15°) Nozzle: High pressure, medium flow. Use for grills, driveways, concrete or brick walkways, unpainted brick, etc.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. For yard tools, sidewalks, lawn furniture, unpainted siding, stucco, gutters, concrete, brick surfaces.
- White (40°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. To clean wood, painted brick, and stucco, vinyl, painted siding.
- Foam cannon (Soap) Nozzle: Soap nozzle. For applying soap and detergent. Ok on all surfaces.
Applying soap with the Stanley SHP2150 is an easy task. First, fill the tank attached to the soap cannon with undiluted detergent. Connect the high-pressure soap cannon to the spray wand and secure the connection. Now squeeze the trigger and you can enjoy a smooth flow of detergent onto the article to be soaped.
Verdict on the Stanley SHP2150
The Stanley SHP2150 is a medium-duty electric pressure washer that provides great cleaning power, a host of simple yet effective features, and a decent warranty, all at an affordable price. This, along with the unmatched customer reviews, make this a must-consider for anyone looking for an electric pressure washer.
>> Read More: Best Pressure Washers
Specification: Stanley SHP2150 Review