Ryobi RY142300 Review
The Ryobi RY142300 is a medium-duty, electric pressure washer that is a poor value based on its power and customer reviews.
Ryobi RY142300 is a medium-duty, electric pressure washer with a brushless motor at its core for improved performance. Generating 2300 PSI and 1.2 GPM, it delivers a cleaning unit count of 2760 which should be sufficient for most residential cleaning tasks.
Although the pressure washer weighs 49 pounds, it is supported by 12-inch wheels that make it easier to move around your yard. Packed with 3 quick-attach nozzle fittings, the pressure washer offers versatility that makes it a handy tool for your washing needs.
Two notable features of the machine are the 3-year warranty that it comes with and a 1-gallon, on-board detergent tank. This machine also comes with automatic dilution, which makes the soaping process easier.
This Ryobi RY142300 review goes over the specs of the machine, what comes with the unit, common customer complaints, and how it compares to similar models.
|Flow Rate||1.2 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||2760 cleaning units|
|Motor Details||120V, 13 amps, 60 Hz|
|Pump Type||Axial-Cam with Bypass|
|Dimensions||21″(D) x 19″(W) x 19″(H)|
|Hose Length||25 ft|
|Power Cord Length||35 ft|
|Detergent Tanks||1 Gallon tank|
As a medium-duty, electric pressure washer, this Ryobi pressure washer has been designed to accomplish your household cleaning tasks. With a cleaning unit rating of 2760, this pressure washer is strong enough for a wide spectrum of applications.
The Ryobi RY142300 comes with three quick-attach nozzles—soap, 15°, and turbo. What this means is that you can switch from soaping your car to cleaning your deck and then go to cleaning stubborn grime and dirt, all at the “tip” of your fingers.
Although this pressure washer delivers decent power, the machine has been rated as “poor” on our rating scales because of the low power/price value that it delivers. Compared to units that deliver similar power, this unit is much more expensive. Despite the high cost, the RY142300 made our list of the best pressure washers for 2021 thanks to its unmatched power.
>> Read More: Best Electric Pressure Washers
The Ryobi RY142300 has a versatile, user-friendly design. It is an electric model and that makes it easier to maintain, with fewer hassles and no fumes when in operation mode.
Weighing 49 pounds, this pressure washer is supported by large wheels that give it the stability you would desire. The simple handle design and 25-ft hose along with the wheels, make it an easily maneuverable pressure washer.
Its 1-gallon, onboard detergent tank comes with automatic dilution capability so you never have to worry about making a premix unless the detergent solution requires you to do so. The design also provides for ample on-board storage for all its attachments.
A medium-duty, electric pressure washer, the Ryobi RY142300 is free of the excessive noise and fumes associated with many gas pressure washers.
What Comes in the Box
Once you purchase the Ryobi RY142300, here is what you can expect in the box:
- Electric Pressure Washer
- Trigger Handle
- Spray Wand
- 25 ft. High-Pressure Hose
- Nozzles (15º, Turbo, Soap)
The Ryobi RY142300 comes with a 3-year warranty. In case of any issue, you can contact Ryobi and they will assist you with replacements.
Contacting Ryobi via email will require you to create an account on www.ryobitools.com
One World Technologies, Inc., 100 Innovation Way, Anderson, SC 29621
- 𝟭𝟮-𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗵 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗹𝘀. The Ryobi RY142300 pressure washer is supported by 12-inch wheels that ensure stability when in use.
- 𝟯-𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘆. Ryobi offers a warranty period that is superior to most of its competitors, so you can have better peace of mind.
- 𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗸. A one-gallon on-board detergent tank takes care of all your soaping needs. Car, window, or deck, you can use the soap nozzle to easily clean things around your home.
- 𝗕𝘂𝗶𝗹𝘁-𝗶𝗻 𝗱𝗶𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝘂𝘀. The RY142300 comes with automatic dilution that disperses water and soap in a 20:1 ratio, removing the hassle of pre-mixing your detergent.
- 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘇𝘇𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀. Equipped with Turbo, soap, and a 15° nozzle, this Ryobi pressure washer can switch from cleaning moss-covered surfaces to concrete and furniture, effortlessly.
- 𝗕𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗼𝗿. With a brushless motor at its core, the Ryobi RY142300 delivers superior performance and reduced wear and tear.
- 𝗔 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝘆 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿. At 49 pounds, this machine is one of the heaviest in its class. This can make it cumbersome for you to drag it around the yard.
- 𝗣𝗼𝗼𝗿 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲. Although it delivers decent pressure, the value for money when it comes to its power is disappointing. That’s is why it has been rated as “poor” on our scale.
- 𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀. A good portion of the pressure washer’s build is plastic, making the parts less sturdy. Some users have found that the machine can be a little fragile and this has resulted in users having to complain to Ryobi on a frequent basis.
The Ryobi RY142300 can easily be set up at home by clicking on this link and watching the video.
You can also set this up by following the steps we have listed out.
Steps required for assembly:
- Start the assembly process by fixing up the handle that comes with the machine. You can do this by aligning the handle assembly with the steel rods at the back of the pressure washer. Slide the handle on, push in the latch buttons on the rods, and let go once the handle is in place.
- In the box, you will find three nozzle fittings. Put them in place at the front of the handle assembly, above the Ryobi sticker.
- Next, set the high-pressure hose at the velcro strap at the back of the machine. You can open up the black strap and hang the coiled high-pressure hose in it, after securing the velcro strap. This is where you can store the hose when not in use.
- Now move on to the trigger gun. Set it up by attaching the threaded end of the spray wand to the opening at the front of the trigger gun. Once the spray wand is in place, secure this by rotating the collar clockwise until the connection is tight.
- To set the pressure washer up for use, you will need to attach the high-pressure hose. Do this in two simple steps:
- Detach the high-pressure hose from the velcro strap and connect it to the opening at the bottom of the trigger gun. Secure the connection by turning the collar on the hose in the clockwise direction, until the attachment is tight.
- Now, connect the free end of the high-pressure hose to the water outlet just below the water inlet, located on the lower-right portion at the front of your pressure washer. Turn the collar clockwise until the connection is tight.
- Now, connect the garden hose to the upper inlet located just above the water outlet for the high-pressure hose. Secure tightly by hand.
In six simple steps, your pressure washer is all set!
Once the Ryobi RY142300 has been set up, ensure that you check all the connections and confirm them as secure. Next, flip the “on/off” switch at the front of the machine to “on”.
Now that your machine is ready, press the trigger on the handle to release any air bubbles in the hose.
Of the three given nozzle options, choose the one that suits your need the best.
- Blue (Soap nozzle) Nozzle: Low pressure, low flow nozzle. To be used for soaping up your car, windows, etc.
- Black (360° turbo) Nozzle: High pressure, 360° swivel throw. For cleaning stubborn dirt and moss-covered/weathered surfaces.
- Yellow (15°) Nozzle: High pressure, medium flow. For concrete, brick, masonry, furniture, fencing, duct, patio.
You can use the fitted one-gallon detergent tank to soap anything. Simply open the lid on top of the tank and fill it with a detergent fit for pressure washer use.
This pressure washer also comes with automatic dilution capabilities that ensure a 20:1 ratio between water and detergent. Next, you can fit the soap nozzle onto the spray wand and you are good to go!
Verdict on the Ryobi RY142300
If you are looking for an electric pressure washer, this Ryobi model is an option with considering if you don’t mind the higher price tag.
It has a brushless induction motor at its core and a user-friendly design to help you navigate around your domestic pressure washer needs.
If you are looking for a decently powered machine and do not mind paying a premium for a three-year warranty period and a superior motor, the Ryobi RY142300 is a good buy.
Specification: Ryobi RY142300 Review