Ryobi 2000 (RY141900) Review
|Ryobi 2000 (RY141900)||8.1|
The Ryobi 2000 (RY141900) is a medium-duty, electric pressure washer that is an average value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Ryobi 2000 (R141900) is a medium-duty, electric pressure washer with a flow rate of 1.2 GPM and a pressure of 2000 PSI. It should be more than powerful enough for most of your household cleaning needs, like washing your patios, driveways, decks, cars, and windows.
This Ryobi pressure washer has an edge over most other options when it comes to its warranty. The machine is protected by a three-year warranty in case any issue arises, and it also comes with a 30 day risk-free trial period.
Other notable features of the Ryobi 2000 include an onboard hose reel for convenient hose storage and a removable detergent tank with automatic soap injection.
This Ryobi 2000 (R141900) review will cover the specs, what comes with the unit, common customer complaints, and how it compares to similar models.
|Flow Rate||1.2 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||2400 cleaning units|
|Motor Details||120 V, 13 amps, 1800 watts|
|Dimensions||16.5″(D) x 19.2″(W) x 34″(H)|
|Hose Length||25 ft|
|Power Cord Length||35 ft|
|Detergent Tank||Removable detergent tank|
|Water Type||Cold (104°F max)|
The Ryobi 2000 (R141900) delivers 2400 cleaning units, which is below average when compared to similar models. This lack of cleaning power mostly stems from the flow rate of only 1.2 GPM which is on the lower end for a medium-duty pressure washer.
It is capable of delivering a pressure of 2000 PSI, however, so this washer should be suitable for most household cleaning jobs.
The Ryobi 2000 washer also comes with three different nozzles that will help you transition between different uses like soaping your car or deck, washing your patio furniture, driveway, and cleaning stubborn spots.
Considering the relatively low power and somewhat high cost of the machine, the Ryobi 2000 (R141900) provides an “Average” value on our rating scale, despite being a good pressure washer for household applications.
>> Read More: Best Electric Pressure Washers
The Ryobi 2000 (R141900) comes in a roll-cage frame design that makes it stable during use.
This pressure washer also has some additional design features to make your life easy. The detergent tank is removable and comes with an automatic dilution mechanism. The next design feature is an onboard hose reel that can be used to wind up the hose when not in use.
However, the machine weighs 32 pounds, which is heavier than most comparable electric pressure washers. Additionally, the hose reel has been reviewed by customers as being confusing and difficult to use.
Although the pressure washer has some interesting design elements, some of these seem to not work properly as indicated by poor customer reviews.
A medium-duty, electric pressure washer, the Ryobi 2000 (R141900) is free of the excessive noise and fumes associated with many gas pressure washers. Users have not complained about the noise of the machine when it is in operation.
What Comes in the Box
Aside from the electric pressure washer itself, here is what you will get when you purchase the Ryobi 2000 (R141900):
- Soap Tank
- Trigger Handle
- Spray Wand
- Trigger Handle Storage Bracket
- Phillips Head Screw (1)
- Wheels (2)
- Axles (2)
- Hitch Pins (2)
- Nozzles (15º, Turbo, Soap)
The Ryobi 2000 (R141900) comes with a three-year warranty. In case of any issue, you can contact Ryobi and they will assist you with replacements.
Contacting Ryobi via email will require you to create an account on www.ryobitools.com
One World Technologies, Inc., 100 Innovation Way, Anderson, SC 29621
- 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐬. The Ryobi unit comes with a three-year warranty, which is higher than other comparable models.
- 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧. A 2000 PSI machine, the Ryobi 2000 pressure washer comes with a safety lock, ensuring necessary protection when the trigger gun is in use.
- 𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐤. This Ryobi pressure washer comes with a detergent tank that is removable and can be used to soap your car, driveway, windows, and more.
- 𝐁𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭-𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬. The removable detergent tank also comes with a dilution mechanism that gives the Ryobi 2000 (R141900) an edge over many competing pressure washers.
- 𝐎𝐧-𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐥. Thoughtfully designed, the on-board hose reel sets this pressure washer apart and will allow you to store the hose in a convenient way.
- 𝐀 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫. At 32 pounds, the Ryobi 2000 (R141900) is a heavy machine that is not easy to drag around your yard.
- 𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. In the on-board hose reel and removable detergent tank, the machine has two thoughtful design elements. However, in actual applications, users have found the hose reel too cumbersome to use. The detergent tank falling off too often is another common issue.
- 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞. This Ryobi pressure washer does not deliver good value in the power and price department as it is a little expensive for the power it delivers.
- 𝐍𝐨𝐧-𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞. Users have expressed concern over the longevity of the machine and the non-sturdiness of certain parts like the trigger gun.
The Ryobi 2000 (R141900) comes as a central unit with parts like the trigger gun, spray wand, detergent tank, hose, nozzles, handles, and wheels as separate attachments. You can easily set this up at home by following the steps we have listed out.
Steps required for assembly:
- You can begin setting up your Ryobi pressure washer by hooking up the wheels.
- Start by pushing an axle through the center of one of the wheels.
- Next, slide the axle into the wheel mounting hole at the base of the unit.
- Once in place, secure the wheel by pushing a hitch pin through the hole on the inserted side of the axle.
- Repeat this process for the second wheel.
- Set up the detergent tank by sliding it onto the mounting screws installed at the front of the machine. Next, connect the detergent injection hose to the brass hose fitting on the right side of the pressure washer by simply pushing the hose in.
- Attach the handle to the frame of the machine by pushing the pin buttons on the back of the handle as you slide it onto the bars. Once the handle is aligned with the bars, release the pin buttons and push the handle in, until you hear a click.
- Fasten the trigger handle storage bracket by aligning it with the holes provided at the back of the handle. Once in place, secure the bracket using the Phillips head screw.
- Thread the spray wand onto the trigger gun by inserting one end of the wand into the gun and rotating it clockwise.
- Remove the high-pressure hose from the reel by disengaging one end of the hose and turning the reel handle counterclockwise until the hose is off the reel.
- Attach the high-pressure hose to the washer by inserting one end into the brass hose fitting provided at the lower back of the pressure washer and rotating it clockwise.
- Connect the other end of the high-pressure hose to the inlet at the bottom of the trigger gun by inserting the hose and turning it clockwise.
- Finally, connect the garden hose to the water inlet at the bottom-right of the Ryobi 2000 (R141900). You can tighten it by hand.
Once you have assembled the Ryobi 2000 (R141900), check all of the fittings to ensure they are secure. Next, turn off the safety lock provided in the trigger gun. Flip on the power switch provided at the front of the machine and the pressure washer is ready to use.
Of the three given nozzle options, choose the one that suits your need the best.
- Blue (Soap) Nozzle: Low pressure, low flow nozzle. To be used for soaping up your car, windows, etc.
- Black (360° turbo) Nozzle: High pressure, 360° swivel throw. For cleaning stubborn dirt and moss-covered/weathered surfaces.
- Yellow (15°) Nozzle: High pressure, medium flow. For concrete, brick, masonry, furniture, fencing, duct, patio.
To use the detergent tank, open the lid on top and fill the tank with a pressure washer detergent. As the machine comes with automatic dilution, you do not have to worry about preparing a mix beforehand. Attach the soaping nozzle to the spray wand and the detergent is ready for use.
Verdict on the Ryobi 2000 (RY141900)
With a three-year warranty, unique design elements, and a detergent tank with automatic dilution, the Ryobi 2000 (R141900) is a pressure washer worth considering. However, the machine is heavy, provides low power for the price, and some customers have found that it doesn’t hold up well over time.
All in all, the Ryobi 2000 (R141900) is a suitable machine for anyone who needs a household pressure washer for occasional use and wants to feel hassle-free with a longer warranty period.
Specification: Ryobi 2000 (RY141900) Review
There are no reviews yet.