Sun Joe SPX2598 Review
|Sun Joe SPX2598
The Sun Joe SPX2598 is a light-duty, electric pressure washer that is a great value based on its power and customer reviews.
The SPX2598 from Sun Joe is a light-duty electric pressure washer. It comes with a 120V motor that delivers a maximum pressure of 2000 PSI and flow rate of 1.65 GPM.
Weighing less than 17 lbs and supported by easy-glide wheels, it is easy to move around so you can reach all parts of your yard. The machine also comes with a 1L onboard detergent tank to make soaping easier.
The Sun Joe SPX2598 is covered by a two-year warranty period that ensures you can get replacements if any defects form over time.
Our Sun Joe SPX2598 review goes over specs, what comes with the unit, common customer complaints, and how it compares to similar models.
|Sun Joe SPX2598
|2000 PSI max (1500 PSI rated)
|1.65 GPM (1.2 GPM rated)
|3300 cleaning units (1800 CU rated)
|120 V, 14.5 amps, 1800 watts
|13.78″(D) x 12.64″(W) x 19.69″(H)
|Power Cord Length
|33.8 fl oz tank (1L)
|Cold (104°F max)
With an advertised cleaning unit count of 3300, Sun Joe SPX2598 seems to be one of the most powerful electric pressure washers around. It is important to note that this max power is generated only when using the nozzle at the 0° setting.
The pressure washer generates a rated pressure of 1500 PSI and flow rate of 1.2 GPM, which is decent for most residential needs. With an adjustable nozzle (0° to 45°), the machine generates enough power to clean grime, while still being able to soap your vehicle with a simple rotation of the nozzle.
The Sun Joe SPX2598 comes out as a “Great” value in our rating system based on the maximum power and price. It should be noted, however, that in most cases, you won’t achieve this max power. When considering the rated pressure and flow rate, it comes out as an “Average” value.
All of this together helped the Sun Joe SPX2598 make our list of the best pressure washers for 2021!
>> Read More: Best Electric Pressure Washers
Equipped with a 20-ft hose, a 35-ft power cord, and easy-glide tires while weighing only 16.8 lbs, this pressure washer is very easy to maneuver. The in-built Total Stop System(TSS) shuts off the pump when the trigger is not pressed, adding to the longevity of the pump.
The design of the Sun Joe SPX2598 provides for ample onboard storage. It also comes with an onboard detergent tank that you can easily fill up and apply with your washer. The pressure washer has the ability to mix the detergent with water when using it, but certain detergents may require more dilution than the pressure washer can handle.
For example, if you’re supposed to use 2 oz of detergent with a half gallon of water, it would probably be required to mix it beforehand. If it requires less dilution (such as a 1:1 ratio), then you may be able to dilute it via the pressure washer.
The in-built Total Stop System (TSS) shuts off the pump when the trigger is not pressed, adding to the longevity of the pump.
The SPX2598 comes with an adjustable nozzle that can switch from 0° to 45°, and anywhere else in between. All you have to do is rotate the nozzle till you hit the perfect pressure.
With an efficient, light-weight design, the functionality and user-friendliness this machine provides are great.
The Sun Joe SPX2598 is an electric pressure washer, making it quieter compared to gas-powered machines. While it definitely makes noise, it shouldn’t be disturbing to neighbors if not used very late at night.
What Comes in the Box
Your Sun Joe SPX2598 box will come with the following items:
- Trigger gun
- Power cord with GFCI
- Wheels (2)
- Cord holder
- High-pressure hose
- Top handle
- High-pressure hose holder
- Spray wand holder
- Detergent tank
- Spray wand protector
- Adjustable nozzle
- Spray wand
- Spray gun holder
- High-pressure hose connection
The Sun Joe SPX2598 comes with a two-year warranty. If an issue arises, you can contact Snow Joe via the following means.
Customer Service Department, Snow Joe Center, 86 Executive Avenue, Edison, NJ 08817
- 𝗔𝗱𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘇𝘇𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀. The SPX2598 comes with an adjustable nozzle that gives you an adjustment range between 0 to 45 degrees. This makes the pressure washer versatile and dynamic.
- “𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁” 𝗩𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗲. Priced reasonably, this Sun Joe model offers great value for the money you spend on it.
- 𝗧𝗼𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝗦𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗺. The pump shuts off when the trigger gun is not pressed. The TSS ensures efficiency and durability for your pump.
- 𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗱. This model comes with a 33.8 fl oz detergent tank that can store enough detergent for any home application.
- 𝗟𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁. The SPX2598 weighs less than 17 lbs and can be dragged around your yard effortlessly.
- 𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘆-𝗴𝗹𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗹𝘀. Large easy-glide wheels make it possible for you to drag the pump around your yard with ease.
- 𝗧𝘄𝗼-𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘆. The “No questions asked” Sun Joe customer promise is definitely a notable benefit of the product that would put any user’s mind at peace.
- 𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗱𝗶𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗺. The machine comes with a decent sized water tank and it also provides for automatic dilution. So you might not need to premix a detergent solution unless the detergent label requires you to do so.
- 𝗟𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗱𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗱. Generating enough power for most domestic purposes, the actual working cleaning unit count of 1800 falls well short of the advertised 3300 cleaning units.
- 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀. The lightweight design has resulted in some concerns over the durability of the build quality. Some users have found that parts, especially attachments, are not sturdy enough.
- 𝗡𝗼 𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲-𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗹. Although this pressure washer comes with some on-board storage, it does not provide for a hose-reel.
The Sun Joe SPX2598 requires a few steps before the machine is ready for use. You can click on the link below to help you with the assembly.
You can also follow the steps listed below for a quick assembly.
Steps required for assembly:
- Start by setting up the handle assembly with the help of 3 screws. Set the handle in position on top of the machine, screw the first bolt in right at the front-center. Tighten the other two screws at the back of the handle to secure it.
- Now attach the handle assembly by sliding it into the space given at the top of the handle. At the back of the handle, you will find 4 empty screw slots where you can screw in the handle assembly to fasten it. This is where you can coil and hang your high-pressure hose when it is not in use.
- Move on to setting up the trigger gun holder. Slot in the holder at the space provided at the top-right side of the machine. Next, slide in the trigger gun protector at the bottom-right of the machine, right below the trigger gun holder. Both of these will just snap into place.
- Attach the spray wand to the female opening at the front of the trigger gun. Simply push the wand into the opening at the front and twist clockwise to lock the connection.
- Now you can attach the high-pressure hose in two simple steps:
- Connect one end of the high-pressure hose to the water outlet at the front-right of the pressure washer. Use the quick-connect opening to attach to the water outlet and secure it by rotating the collar clockwise until it is tightly connected.
- Now attach the free end of the high-pressure hose to the opening at the bottom of the trigger gun and secure it by rotating the tightening screw clockwise.
- Now slide the power cord holder onto the space provided at the top-left of the pressure washer. This holder does not require any screws and will simply snap into place.
- Finally, connect the garden hose to the outlet at the front of the pressure washer. This can be done by following these steps
- Attach the garden hose adapter to the water inlet.
- Secure the connection between the garden hose and the adapter by threading the male end of the garden hose into the adapter.
- Connect the free end of the garden hose to the water supply.
As soon as the machine is assembled, you must check for the security of the connections. Ensure that the trigger gun’s safety lock is in place while doing this. Once the connections are confirmed as secure, switch on the power connection, and turn the power switch on the front of the machine to “on”. Remove the safety lock on your trigger gun and you are good to go.
With the adjustable nozzle, you can accomplish any cleaning task with a simple twist.
- Black (0°- 45°) Nozzle: An adjustable nozzle that provides a versatile cleaning experience. Can be adjusted to clean anything from stubborn grime to driveways, patios, wood, cars, and boats. It can be adjusted on the 45° setting and used for soaping too.
Here’s what you can do to use the soaping feature on the Sun Joe SPX2598. First, remove the lid of the detergent tank and slide it out of its resting position on the machine. Fill the detergent tank with detergent, put the tank back in place, and tighten the lid back on. You might need to dilute the detergent, in case the label on the detergent bottle says so. Remember to use a detergent fit for pressure washer use. Finally, adjust the nozzle to the fan nozzle on the spray wand and you are ready to soap up anything.
Verdict on the Sun Joe SPX2598
The Sun Joe SPX2598 is a user-friendly and versatile design. It is fit for household use and comes with a single adjustable nozzle fitting to take care of all your cleaning hassles. The reviews of the machine are largely positive and the two-year warranty adds value to it.
If you are looking for a decently priced electric pressure washer that is capable of accomplishing your domestic cleaning jobs, the Sun Joe SPX2598 is a great option for you.
Specification: Sun Joe SPX2598 Review