Sun Joe SPX1000 Review
|Sun Joe SPX1000||10|
The Sun Joe SPX1000 is a light-duty, electric pressure washer that is a great value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Sun Joe SPX1000 is a light-duty, electric pressure washer that is both powerful and portable. It is built around a 120V motor and is handy to have around the house for those tough cleaning jobs.
Its lightweight design makes it an extremely easy machine to take around the yard. Sun Joe has also provided a 33-in wand extension that will give you extra reach.
This pressure washer also comes with a two-year warranty, which is on-par or better than most competitors. Another notable feature is the Total Stop System, which shuts off the pump when the trigger is not squeezed, saving energy and making it more durable.
Our Sun Joe SPX2598 review goes over specs, what comes with the unit, common customer complaints, and how it compares to similar models.
|Sun Joe SPX1000||Specs|
|Pressure||1450 PSI max (1150 PSI rated)|
|Flow Rate||1.45 GPM (1.09 GPM rated)|
|Cleaning Power||2103 cleaning units (1254 CU rated)|
|Motor Details||120 V, 11.5 amps, 1400 watts|
|Dimensions||12″(D) x 9.8″(W) x 19″(H)|
|Hose Length||25 ft|
|Power Cord Length||35 ft|
|Water Type||Cold (104°F max)|
The SPX1000 is a light-duty electric pressure washer that generates about 2103 cleaning units (1450 PSI & 1.45 GPM). However, this cleaning unit count holds only when the nozzle is set at 0 degrees. In general use, you will get a cleaning unit count of 1254 (1150 PSI & 1.09 GPM).
You can switch between different water flows and pressures simply by twisting the adjustable nozzle that comes with the machine. This means that you have the versatility to switch from cleaning stubborn dirt from a small spot to a lower-pressure fan of water for cleaning siding without having to change the nozzles. You can clean everything from your sidewalks to patio furniture to your car with the SPX1000.
The Sun Joe SPX1000 is ideal for household uses and is classified, with some select pressure washers, under “Great” value in our rating system. However, this is based on the maximum power and price, which is generated only with the pointed 0-degree setting.
Overall, the Sun Joe SPX1000 delivers decent power at an affordable price. It also has great customer reviews—all of which helped it make our list of the best pressure washers for 2021.
The Sun Joe SPX1000 weighs a mere 11.7 pounds, making it one of the lightest pressure washers around. It is also supported by wheels that make it even more portable. With a 20-ft high-pressure hose and a 35-ft power cord, you will not have to worry about reaching all parts of your yard.
This model also comes with the Total Stop System (TSS) that shuts off the pump when the trigger is not squeezed. This adds longevity to the machine and also makes it more efficient. Should anything go wrong, you can get a replacement part via the included 2-year warranty.
You will have to keep in mind though that the SPX1000 does not come with a detergent tank and you will have to buy a separate accessory to soap things.
All in all, the SPX1000 is a very concise and lightweight design and is suitable for light-duty, regular home applications.
The Sun Joe SPX1000 is a light-duty, electric pressure washer, making it quieter compared to gas-powered machines. This makes the machine suitable for use even in residential settings. However, it is essential to keep in mind that it does make some noise and therefore, some caution about the time of usage is required.
What Comes in the Box
Your Sun Joe SPX1000 box will come with the following items:
- Safety lock
- High-pressure hose connection
- Trigger gun
- Transport handle
- Spray wand assembly
- High-pressure hose connection
- High-pressure hose
- Garden hose adaptor
- Needle clean-out tool
- Adjustable spray wand nozzle
- Power cord with GFCI
- Hose/cord holder
- Trigger gun holder
- Water inlet (garden hose connection)
The Sun Joe SPX1000 comes with a two-year warranty. If an issue arises, you can contact Snow Joe via the following means.
1-866-SNOWJOE / 1-866-766-9563
Customer Service Department, Snow Joe Center, 86 Executive Avenue, Edison, NJ 08817
- 𝐀𝐝𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬. The SPX1000 comes with an adjustable nozzle that gives you an adjustment range between 0 to 45 degrees. This makes the pressure washer versatile and dynamic.
- 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐝. A 33-in extension wand comes with the pressure washer. Now you can reach difficult spots, effortlessly.
- “𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭” 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞. Priced reasonably, this Sun Joe model offers great value for the money you spend on it.
- 𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦. The pump shuts off when the trigger gun is not pressed. The TSS ensures efficiency and durability for your pump.
- 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. The SPX1000 weighs less than 11.7 lbs and can be moved around your yard with ease.
- 𝐓𝐰𝐨-𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲. The “No questions asked” Sun Joe customer promise is definitely a notable benefit of the product that would put any user’s mind at peace.
- 𝐋𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝. The actual working cleaning unit count of 1254 falls well short of the advertised 2103 cleaning units.
- 𝐋𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭-𝐝𝐮𝐭𝐲 𝐮𝐬𝐞. This machine may have trouble eliminating very heavy grime since it is only a light-duty unit.
- 𝐍𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐤. You will have to purchase the detergent tank as an add-on accessory as the SPX1000 does not come with it.
- 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. The lightweight design has resulted in some concerns over the durability of the build quality. Some users have found that parts, especially attachments, are not sturdy enough.
The Sun Joe SPX1000 can be set up through simple and easy steps. You can easily do this at home by clicking this link and watching the video below.
You can also follow the steps listed below for a quick assembly.
Steps required for assembly:
- Firstly, build a solid base for the machine by setting up the wheels. You can easily do this by laying the machine to the side and pushing the wheels in. You will hear a click sound when the wheel snaps into place.
- Now you can attach the handle assembly. You can do this in two simple steps
- Slide the handle onto the top of the machine, in a front-to-back motion until it is properly locked on top.
- Once the handle is in place, you need to secure it with two screws provided in the package. You can screw these in place, at the back of the handle using a Philips head screwdriver.
- Next, you can set up the trigger gun holder. Set the machine to face you and then slide the trigger gun holder into place on the side of the machine that is to your left. You will hear it snap into place.
- On the opposite side of the trigger gun holder, you will find the space to set up the high-pressure hose holder. Similar to the trigger gun holder, slide this into place until you hear a snap.
- Attach the spray wand to the female opening at the front of the trigger gun. Simply push the wand into the opening at the front and twist clockwise to lock the connection.
- Once the spray gun is set up, attach the adjustable nozzle at the front of the spray gun. Slide the nozzle into the opening of the spray gun and turning clockwise. Once the nozzle is in place, lock it in by turning the collar on the spray gun in a clockwise direction. This will secure the attachments.
- Now you can attach the high-pressure hose by following these steps:
- Connect one end of the high-pressure hose to the water outlet at the base of the front of the pressure washer. Use the quick-connect opening to attach to the water outlet and secure it by rotating the collar clockwise until it is tightly connected.
- Now attach the free end of the high-pressure hose to the opening at the bottom of the trigger gun and secure it by rotating the tightening screw clockwise.
- Finally, connect the garden hose to the outlet at the front of the pressure washer. This can be done by following these steps
- Attach the garden hose adapter to the water inlet at the back of the machine.
- Secure the connection between the garden hose and the adapter by threading the male end of the garden hose into the adapter.
- Connect the free end of the garden hose to the water supply.
To put the machine to use, you must check for the security of the connections. Ensure that the trigger gun’s safety lock is in place while doing this to avoid any unwanted sprays.
Once the connections are confirmed as secure, switch on the power connection, and turn the power switch on the front of the machine to “on”.
Remove the safety lock on your trigger gun and you are good to go.
With the adjustable nozzle, you can accomplish any cleaning task with a simple twist.
- Black (0°- 45°) Nozzle: An adjustable nozzle that provides a versatile cleaning experience. Can be adjusted to clean anything from stubborn grime to driveways, patios, wood, cars, and boats. It can be adjusted on the 45° setting and used for soaping too.
In case you want to use detergent for cleaning, Sun Joe recommends purchasing a detergent spray bottle attachment (Model SPX1DT).
You can prepare a diluted detergent mix and attach this bottle to the front of the machine instead of the adjustable tip.
When you squeeze the trigger, the SPX1000 will give you a smooth detergent spray that can be used to coat your car and other possessions with soap.
Verdict on the Sun Joe SPX1000
The Sun Joe SPX1000 is a portable and light-duty machine that is great for household uses. It is affordable, has good customer reviews, and comes with a 2-year warranty should anything go wrong.
Overall, if you are looking for a light-duty electric pressure washer with a decent warranty period and detergent use is not your priority, the SPX1000 is a great buy.
>> Read More: Best Pressure Washers
Specification: Sun Joe SPX1000 Review