Karcher K3 Follow-Me (1800) Review
|Karcher K3 Follow-Me (1800)||8.3|
The Karcher K3 Follow-Me (1800) is a light-duty, electric pressure washer that is an average value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Karcher K3 Follow-Me (1800) is a light-duty electric pressure washer that provides decent value for its power. It is built on a 1560-watt motor, offering 1800 PSI and 1.3 GPM, which is sufficient for regular, light-duty cleaning like patios, sidewalks, cars, and so on.
What truly sets the Karcher K3 Follow-Me apart, though, is its design and maneuverability.
This Karcher model has a very low center of gravity, weighs only 16.3 pounds, and has four wheels supporting its movements. A simple tug on the hose allows you to drag along the pressure washer, without worrying about the machine tipping over. Protected by a 2-year warranty, Karcher has got you covered if anything goes wrong.
This Karcher K3 Follow-Me (1800) review will delve into everything you need to know about this pressure washer that is built to “follow you.” We will cover the specs, what comes with the unit, common customer complaints, and how it compares to similar models.
|Karcher K3 Follow-Me (1800)||Specs|
|Flow Rate||1.3 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||2340 cleaning units|
|Motor Details||120 V, 13 amps, 1560 watts|
|Pump Type||N-COR Axial|
|Dimensions||21.7 x 12 x 12.8 in|
|Hose Length||15 ft|
|Power Cord Length||35 ft|
|Detergent Tanks||0.3L tank|
|Water Type||Cold (104°F max)|
The K3 Follow-Me (1800) generates 2340 cleaning units, which is slightly below average when compared to other light-duty pressure washers. It should be sufficient for most household cleaning tasks, however, such as washing siding, cars, decks, and more.
This model also comes with two wands, the Vario Power Spray Wand (for adjustable pressure) and the DirtBlaster Wand (for intense cleaning), allowing you to adjust the power based on the job.
According to our data, the Karcher K3 Follow-Me provides an average value for the power it delivers. There are more powerful units in the same price range, but you have to decide whether the intuitive design and maneuverability is worth the lower power.
>> Read More: Best Electric Pressure Washers
With a four-wheel horizontal structure, the K3 Follow-Me has a very unique design.
The body of the pressure washer is mostly plastic and is supported by two, 360-degree rotatable front wheels. Combined with a 35-ft power cord length and 15-ft hose length, the compact design allows you to move the unit around your yard with ease.
This model provides integrated storage for accessories and has a 0.3L tank for detergent storage. However, there is no detergent dilution apparatus and the tank size is rather small compared to other similar models.
Since the Karcher K3 Follow-Me (1800) is a light-duty, electric pressure washer, the machine is relatively quiet, especially when compared with gas pressure washers in the same class.
What Comes in the Box
Aside from the pressure washer itself, you will also receive the following when purchasing the Karcher K3 Follow-Me:
- Vario Power Spray Wand for adjustable pressure settings
- DirtBlaster Spray Wand for stubborn cleaning
- Trigger gun holder
- Spray wand holder
- Onboard detergent tank
- Two 360-degree swivel front wheels
- Two base back wheels
- Garden hose adaptor and a quick connector
The Karcher K3 Follow-Me (1800) comes with a two-year warranty. If anything goes wrong, you can contact Karcher and they will help you get a replacement unit or parts.
Kärcher North America, 4555 Airport Way, Denver, CO 80239
- 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧. Structured to run on four wheels, the Karcher K3 Follow-Me(1800)Follow-Me is thoughtfully crafted so that it is easy to move around and doesn’t stumble fall over as you use it around your house.
- 𝗠𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗶-𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘀𝗽𝗿𝗮𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀. This unit comes with a Vario Power Spray Wand (that can be used to adjust pressure settings) and a DirtBblaster Spray Wand providing maximum pressure for stubborn spots.
- 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬. The Karcher K3 Follow-Me(1800)Follow-Me (1800) has a 2- year warranty that sets it apart from many models in the same class that only offer 1 year.
- 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐧. The trigger gun has an inbuilt safe button which means that you don’t have to worry about the machine falling into your kid’s hands.
- 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧-𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐍-𝐂𝐎𝐑 𝐩𝐮𝐦𝐩. Karcher uses their “‘N-COR”’ technology to build their pumps which makes them durable, non-corrosive, and maintenance-free.
- 𝐍𝐨𝐧-𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧. Although the Karcher K3 Follow-Me(1800)Follow-Me (1800) is a compact and lightweight design, some customers have found the model wanting lacking in sturdiness and durability.
- 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭. This model is designed for light-duty home applications like cleaning patio furniture and siding and is not advisable the best for high pressure or commercial use.
- 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐤. Although the machine comes with an onboard detergent tank, the tank capacity is only 0.3 litresliters, which may not be sufficient in actual use. is much less than what many competitors offer. Besides, other models in the same class offer more tank storage.
- 𝐋𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭/𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞. The Karcher K3 Follow-Me offers a unit/price value of 16.5only average value when comparing its power and price to other light-duty washers. This is one of the lowest values vis-a-vis other variants in the same class.
- 𝐍𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐦. This model does not come with a detergent dilution tank apparatus that automatically dilutes your detergent.
The Karcher K3 Follow-Me (1800) comes as a central machine that requires you to attach some parts to it. The assembly process is simple and can be done easily at home. You watch the video below or read on to help you put the pressure water together.
Steps required for assembly:
- After opening the box, start by going for the 4 wheels to give you a solid base.
- Attach the back wheels by sliding them into the sockets available on either side, until you hear a click.
- The front wheels can be attached by flipping the machine over and pressing the wheels down into the socket until you hear a click.
- Next, connect the quick-connector adapter to the water inlet at the back of the machine. You simply need to rotate the connector onto the inlet till it is tightly screwed on.
- Now connect the high-pressure hose to the outlet at the front of the Karcher K3 Follow-Me by pushing it into the opening and twisting it slightly until you hear a snap.
- Attach the front end of the high-pressure hose to the trigger gun by pushing and twisting the opening at the bottom of the gun. Once you hear a snap sound, the connection is complete.
- With the Karcher K3 Follow-Me, you get two wand options, the Vario Power Spray Wand and the DirtBlaster Wand. Choose the one you want to use and attach it to the front end of the gun by pushing it into the opening and twisting until you hear a snap.
- Finally, you can connect your quick-connect fitting to the quick-connector adaptor at the inlet (attached in step two) by pushing the connector into the adaptor until you hear a snap.
Once you have assembled the Karcher K3 Follow-Me attach your garden hose to the quick-connect fitting. Turn on the power, switch off the safety on the trigger gun, and the pressure washer is ready to go.
Based on whether you want a variable pressure wand or a high-pressure wand, you can simply plug one or the other into the pressure washer. Let’s look at the applications of the two wands.
- Vario Power Spray Wand (Adjustments) Nozzle: Variable pressure-control from low-pressure soap jet to high pressure and everything in between. Can be used to spray soap or even water plants at low pressure to patio furniture and car cleaning towards the high-pressure spectrum.
- Dirtblaster wand (360° swivel jet) Nozzle: High pressure, 360-degree swivel throw, For cleaning stubborn dirt and moss-covered/weathered surfaces.
To use the detergent tanks, fill the tank with diluted detergents rated for pressure washers. Next, attach the Vario Power Spray Wand and turn it to low-pressure (Mix setting) by rotating it counterclockwise. Squeeze the trigger and you are ready to soap up anything.
Verdict on the K3 Follow-Me (1800)
The design of Karcher K3 Follow-Me allows you to move about freely by tugging at the high-pressure hose and pulling the washer with you. However, the machine is less sturdy than others in the class, leading to complaints about its longevity.
To sum up, the Karcher K3 Follow-Me is a solid choice for anyone who needs a pressure washer for cleaning tasks around the house that values the unique maneuverability and design of the unit.
Specification: Karcher K3 Follow-Me (1800) Review