Greenworks 1600 Review
The Greenworks 1600 is one of our highest rated light-duty electric pressure washers due to its great customer reviews and affordable price. Its power should be sufficient for most residential cleaning tasks such as washing decks and siding.
The Greenworks 1600 is a light-duty electric pressure washer that delivers 1.2 GPM and can produce a pressure of 1600 PSI. This pressure washer is designed to handle household cleaning requirements like your cars, siding, decks, patio furniture, fencing, and so on. It even made our list of the best pressure washers for 2021!
The machine can be used vertically or horizontally, without losing any potency. Additionally, it comvaes with an attachable soap applicator to apply detergent. All of this comes at a good value when considering its power and price, making this Greenworks pressure washer, a must-consider for any homeowner.
In addition, the Greenworks 1600 comes with a one-year warranty, so you can contact the company if you have any problems.
Our detailed Greenworks 1600 review will cover the specs, what comes with the unit, common customer complaints, and how it compares to similar models.
|Flow Rate||1.2 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||1920 cleaning units|
|Motor Details||120 V, 13 amps, 60 GHz|
|Pump Type||Axial cam|
|Dimensions||11.4″(D) x 17.1″(W) x 9.4″(H)|
|Hose Length||20 ft|
|Power Cord Length||35 ft|
|Detergent Tanks||Attachable detergent bottle|
|Water Type||Cold (104°F max)|
The Greenworks 1600 delivers 1920 cleaning units, which is lower than most other light-duty pressure washers in the category. It is, however, much cheaper than more powerful light-duty pressure washers.
With a pressure of 1600 PSI and a flow rate of 1.2 GPM, the machine is well suited for domestic use. You should be able to easily clean things like your siding, deck, cars, and other surfaces with this pressure washer.
This Greenworks pressure washer comes with two nozzle fittings that can be used based on the job. The attachable detergent tank will allow you to soap your car or windows at the squeeze of a trigger.
On our scale, the Greenworks 1600 is rated as a “Good” value when considering its cleaning power and price.
>> Read More: Best Electric Pressure Washers
Weighing 17.5 pounds, the Greenworks 1600 is a lightweight, portable pressure washer. This lightweight design is important as Greenworks has decided to go without wheels on this model. To carry it around your yard, you will have to use the handle on top of the pressure washer.
With a 35-ft power cord and a 20-ft hose, this model is likely to reach all parts of your home and yard.
Other design details include onboard storage for multiple accessories, including an attachable soap applicator that can be connected directly to the spray wand. Keep in mind that there is no dilution apparatus and, therefore, the detergent mix has to be prepared beforehand.
To make the machine stable and sturdy when in use, Greenworks has created a design that can function well, both vertically and horizontally.
Light-duty and electric, the Greenworks 1600 is a relatively quiet machine, free of excessive noise, fumes, and other hassles that come with a gas pressure washer.
What Comes in the Box
The Greenworks 1600 comes with the following parts:
- Pressure washer
- 20 ft high-pressure hose
- Trigger handle
- Spray wand
- Soap applicator
- Nozzles (25º, 40º)
- Spray cleaner
The Greenworks 1600 comes with a one-year warranty. In case of any issue, you can contact Greenworks in the following ways and they will assist you.
500 S Main St #450, Mooresville, NC 28115, United States of America
- 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫. The Greenworks 1600 is capable of meeting all your light-duty household requirements and comes at an affordable price.
- 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐚𝐩 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫. You can soap and rinse your cars and windows by using the attachable soap applicator that comes with this model.
- 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞 & 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞. This Greenworks model is easy to assemble and its design provides easy storage for the various attachments that come along with it.
- 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧. This pressure washer is lightweight, allowing for maximum portability around your yard.
- 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐲. The Greenworks 1600 comes as a solid central unit with easy-attach accessories, making the machine assembling very user-friendly.
- 𝐍𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬. Although it is a light design, the lack of wheels means that one has to carry the machine around their yard.
- 𝐋𝐨𝐰 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫. With a cleaning power of 1920 cleaning units, the Greenworks 1600 is not the most powerful pressure washer around. In case you are looking for power, this may not be the best option to consider.
- 𝐎𝐧𝐞-𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲. This pressure washer comes with a low warranty period. You will be able to find longer warranty models in the same price range.
- 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝-𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲. Users have found some build-quality issues like leaking connections and a fragile plastic body. This raises some concerns over the long-term sturdiness of the Greenworks 1600.
The Greenworks 1600 is one of the easiest pressure washers to assemble. You can simply follow the steps below for a quick assembly.
Steps required for assembly:
- You can start by setting up the trigger gun. Push the non-nozzle end of the spray wand into the opening in front of the trigger gun. While you are pushing in the spray wand, turn it clockwise until the tabs are locked.
- Next, connect the high-pressure hose to the outlet provided at the front lower portion of the central unit. Secure this connection by turning the hose clockwise until the tabs are locked.
- Now, attach the other end of the high-pressure hose to the opening at the bottom of the trigger gun. Rotate clockwise till the tabs are locked and secured.
- Connect the garden hose to the inlet at the lower right side of the pressure washer. The garden hose can be tightened by hand.
- To connect the spray tip, pull back the quick-connector on the open end of the spray wand, push the spray tip into place and release the collar forward to secure it.
Once you have assembled the Greenworks 1600, check if all the attachments are secure. Once the attachments are secure, turn on the garden hose. Squeeze the trigger to relieve any air pressure until a steady stream of water appears. Now, the pressure washer is ready for use.
Of the three given nozzle options, choose the one that suits your need the best.
- White (40°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. For light cleaning applications like cars and furniture.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. For heavier dirt and grime.
To use the soap applicator, unscrew the lid on top and fill the tank with a detergent suitable for pressure washers. Please note, there is no dilution apparatus and the detergent mix needs to be prepared in advance.
Close the lid on top and attach the soap applicator to the spray wand. This can be done by pushing the opening attached to the applicator into the spray wand opening. While pushing, turn the attachment clockwise, until the tabs are locked. Your detergent is now ready for application.
Verdict on the Greenworks 1600
The Greenworks 1600 definitely ticks most boxes when assessed for light-duty household cleaning. It is light, portable, easy to assemble, and comes with a soap applicator. But, perhaps its biggest positive is the price point at which you can purchase it.
With a largely positive reviews section and an affordable price, the Greenworks 1600 is a must-consider when looking for “value for money” pressure washers.
Specification: Greenworks 1600 Review
There are no reviews yet.