Greenworks 1500 Review
The Greenworks 1500 is a light-duty, electric pressure washer that is an average value based on its power and customer reviews.
The Greenworks 1500 is an inexpensive, light-duty electric pressure washer that runs on a 13-amp motor. Delivering 1500 PSI, it is capable of accomplishing most of your everyday household cleaning jobs.
Lightweight and portable, you can easily carry this machine around your yard. It comes with a one-year warranty cover and provides onboard storage for accessories including an attachable detergent tank that can be used for soaping.
Compared to medium and heavy-duty pressure washers, the Greenworks 1500 delivers limited power and may not be sufficient for very deep dirt and grime. If you are just looking for a pressure washer to clean siding, patio furniture, fences, and other similar things around the home, it should be sufficient.
Now let’s take a look at this detailed Greenworks 1500 review that will cover the specs, what comes with the unit, common customer complaints, and how it compares to similar models.
|Sun Joe SPX1000
|1800 cleaning units
|120 V, 13 amps, 60 GHz
|11.4″(D) x 17.3″(W) x 9.45″(H)
|Power Cord Length
|Attachable soap applicator
|Cold (104°F max)
This Greenworks machine delivers a cleaning unit count of 1800 based on its max pressure of 1,500 PSI and max flow rate of 1.2 GPM. Although this power may be enough for most household cleaning jobs, you should consider if the power is enough for any specific needs you might have.
It’s worth noting early on in this review that the Greenworks 1500 has some of the best customer reviews of all the pressure washers we’ve reviewed. If you are ok with having less power than many other options provide, there’s a great chance you’ll be happy with your purchase.
With its three nozzle attachments—25°, 40°, and the soap applicator—the Greenworks 1500 can be used to do anything from soaping your car to cleaning your wooden deck and debris on your pavement. What this means is that you have a reasonably priced, versatile pressure washer.
To apply soap, you will have to attach the soap applicator provided within the package. Some detergents may require dilution prior to use so make sure to read the directions provided on the detergent label.
This model is an efficient machine but it has been rated as “average” on our rating scale. This is due to the slightly lower power-to-price ratio it provides as compared to other similar models.
>> Read More: Best Electric Pressure Washers
Weighing around 16 pounds, the Greenworks 1500 is a portable pressure washer. You can use the handle on top of the frame to easily transport the machine around your yard.
The machine gets its power from a 35-ft electric cord that is long enough to allow for easy maneuverability. There is also a 20-ft high-pressure hose to give you a little more reach.
This model is designed to be user-friendly and compact. To make the machine stable and sturdy when in use, Greenworks has created a design that can function well both vertically and horizontally.
All in all, the Greenworks 1500 is a stable and affordable design. However, there have been some concerns about its stability and sturdiness, when used for longer durations.
Light-duty and electric, the Greenworks 1500 is a relatively quiet machine, free of excessive noise (and fumes) that come with gas pressure washers.
What Comes in the Box
The Greenworks 1500 box, comes with the following parts:
- Pressure washer body
- 20ft high-pressure hose
- Trigger handle
- Spray wand assembly
- Soap applicator
- Nozzles (25º, 40º)
- Spray cleaner
The Greenworks 1500 comes with a one-year warranty. This is shorter than most competitors and is one of the major drawbacks of the product. Given the great customer reviews, however, this may not be a factor as it seems to last.
If you run into any issues, you can contact Greenworks in the following ways:
1-888-90WORKS / 1-888-909-6757
Contacting Greenworks via
500 S Main St #450, Mooresville, NC 28115, United States of America
- 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 & 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧. At less than 17 pounds, this machine is very easy to carry around and is easily storable thanks to its compactness.
- 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬. This model has been found to deliver on its promises by an overwhelming number of users.
- 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐚𝐩 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫. The detergent tank can be hooked onto the spray wand directly and used to soap and clean anything
- 𝐎𝐧-𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞. This Greenworks model provides easy storage for the various attachments that come along with it.
- 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐲. The Greenworks 1500 is designed to ensure a quick and easy DIY assembly.
- 𝐒𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐡, 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞-𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.Unlike heavy-duty machines or gas-powered pressure washers, this is a relatively maintenance-free option that makes little noise and is not cumbersome to use.
- 𝐋𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫. With a cleaning unit rating of 1800, the Greenworks 1500 is not capable of handling the most stubborn tasks. In case that is the kind of cleaning you have to tackle, this may not suffice.
- 𝐎𝐧𝐞-𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲. This pressure washer comes with a short warranty period. You will be able to find longer warranty models in the same price range.
- 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 “𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞” 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞. The power-to-price ratio offered by the machine is not as impressive when compared to other similar models.
Or you can follow the steps listed below.
Steps required for assembly:
- You can start by setting up the trigger gun. Push the non-nozzle end of the spray wand into the opening in front of the trigger gun. While you are pushing in the spray wand, turn it clockwise until the tabs are locked.
- Next, connect the high-pressure hose to the outlet provided at the front lower portion of the central unit. Secure this connection by turning the hose clockwise until the tabs are locked.
- Now, attach the other end of the high-pressure hose to the opening at the bottom of the trigger gun. Rotate clockwise till the tabs are locked and secured and the connection is leak-free.
- Connect the garden hose to the inlet at the lower right side of the pressure washer. The garden hose can be tightened by hand.
- To connect the spray tip, pull back the quick-connector on the open end of the spray wand, push the spray tip into place and release the collar forward to secure it.
Once the connections of the Greenworks 1500 have been put in place, check if all the attachments are secure. Once the attachments are confirmed as secure, turn on the garden hose. Squeeze the trigger to relieve any air pressure until a steady stream of water appears. Now, the pressure washer is ready for use.
Of the two given nozzle options and the soap applicator, choose the one that suits your need the best. You can look at the table below to decide.
- White (45°) Nozzle: Lower pressure, high flow. For light cleaning applications like siding & furniture.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. For heavier dirt & debris.
To use the soap applicator, unscrew the lid on top and fill the tank with a detergent suitable for pressure washers. Be sure to read all the instructions provided on the label of the detergent you chose to use.
Close the lid on top and attach the soap applicator to the spray wand. This can be done by pushing the opening attached to the applicator into the spray wand opening.
While pushing, turn the attachment clockwise, until the tabs are locked. Your detergent is now ready for application.
Verdict on the Greenworks 1500
If you are looking for a light-duty, affordable electric pressure washer, the Greenworks 1500 is a great option. It is efficient, concise, and lightweight, and it has great customer reviews.
Just make sure you are ok with the one-year warranty and that it’s powerful enough for the cleaning jobs you need help tackling.
If you’re not sold on the Greenworks 1500, check out our guide to the best pressure washers to see some alternatives.
Specification: Greenworks 1500 Review