AR Blue Clean AR383SS Pressure Washer Review
|AR Blue Clean AR383SS||8.5|
The AR Blue Clean AR383SS is a relatively inexpensive light-duty, electric pressure washer that is a great option for most residential cleaning jobs such as cleaning siding, decks, and sidewalks.
The Annovi Reverberi AR383SS is a lightweight, easy-to-handle pressure washer that is great for most residential cleaning projects. It requires minor assembly out of the box but is easy to main afterward.
The unit comes with four different nozzles including a low-pressure soap spray, a rotary/turbo, 0°, and 25°. The AR383SS also has a 28 oz detergent tank in the back and a swivel hose connector for improved mobility.
This AR383SS review will go over key specifications, how the model compares to similarly-priced models, and important pros and cons to help you decide if it is right for you.
|Flow Rate||1.3 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||2470 CU|
|Motor Details||1.5 hp/13 amp|
|Dimensions||14”D x 15”W x 32”H|
|Hose Length||30 ft|
|Power Cord||35 ft|
|Detergent Tanks||28 oz tank|
|Water Type||Cold (Max 122°F)|
Delivering 1900 PSI and 1.3 GPM, the AR383SS can be used for most light-to-medium jobs such as washing vehicles, decks, and fences. Compared to other light-duty units, the value of this AR Blue Clean washer is average (as determined by cleaning power divided by cost).
Most customers report that the AR383SS’ power is sufficient for all cleaning projects including lawn equipment, siding, cars, and more.
The AR383SS has an onboard tank for detergent if you need something more powerful than water for your cleaning. To use it, just remove the container in the back, fill it with the correct ratio of water and detergent, and pull the siphoning tube through the cap so it pulls in the detergent.
>> Read More: Best Electric Pressure Washers
Compared to other light-duty units, the AR383SS is pretty large, but I still consider it a relatively compact pressure washer. It is just under 3 feet tall and also weighs more than comparable models. Despite this, there is a handle and rear wheels that make transporting the washer easy.
Its design resembles a carry-on luggage bag with a handle and wheels. There is also a hose reel mounted between the handle and the main body that can make collecting and storing the hose easier. There are also slots for the four nozzles on the back of the unit for easy storage.
The steel washing wand is mounted to one side, and the GFCI power cord is on the other, wrapped around adjustable arms for easy removal. The detergent tank is at the bottom of the rear of the machine.
The AR3833SS is a relatively quiet power washer, especially compared to gas-powered machines. Customers report that the noise level is bearable, with many actually reporting the quiet noise as one of the biggest benefits.
What Comes in the Box
Aside from the main unit, the AR383SS also comes with the following:
- 1 high-pressure hose
- 1 nozzle cleaning wire
- 1 rotary nozzle
- 3 quick connect nozzles (soap, 0°, 25°)
- 1 zinc steel lance
- 1 garden hose adapter
- 1 spray gun
- 1 spray gun trigger lock button
- 1 nozzle tray
- 1 spray gun holster
- 1 O-ring kit
- 1 screw for assembly
The AR Blue Clean AR383SS has a one-year bumper-to-bumper warranty. This includes the high-pressure hose, spray gun, and all accessories from the date of purchase. If anything goes wrong, simply contact Annovi Reverberi and they’ll help you with your issue.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST
- 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬: The overwhelming majority of customers reported being very satisfied with the unit.
- 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞: The unit’s price is on par with similar models.
- 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞: Many customers report that it's very easy to set up and use the AR383SS.
- 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞: With many other pressure washers, customers often report them breaking within the first year of using them. This isn’t the case with the AR383SS.
- 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬: The auto-reset GFCI module helps prevent electric shocks.
- 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞: Despite it being larger than many similar models, the AR383SS is easy to transport with its large wheels and oversized handle.
- 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: Given that the AR383SS is a light-duty pressure washer, it isn’t suited for very deep grime and spoilage. For deep cleaning, we recommend a gas pressure washer or, at least, a medium-duty electric pressure washer.
- 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲: The one-year warranty on the AR Blue Clean AR383SS is shorter than most units which are typically two or three years.
- 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐥: Many customers reported that the hose reel did not unwind and wind up properly.
Using the AR383SS
The AR383SS requires some assembly before it is ready for use. To learn how it works, check out the second video in the video section below or read on to see the necessary steps.
Steps required for assembling the AR383SS:
- Slide the spray gun holster onto the left side when facing the unit.
- Snap lance tray into place and screw in.
- Swivel the bottom cord hook to the side to take out the power cord.
- Attach the high-pressure hose to the left side of the unit when facing the front of it.
- Attach the other end of the hose to the spray gun.
- Connect the lance to the spray gun by pushing them together and turning clockwise to snap into place.
- Attach the nozzle to the tip of the lance.
- Attach the silver collar to the front right side of the unit and hand tighten. Remove the washer filter then tighten with an 8mm Allen wrench until snug (be sure not to overtighten).
- Replace the washer filter and attach the garden hose to the blue collar.
- Plug the machine into a grounded outlet and push the reset button on the plug.
- Turn on the water.
- Switch On/Off switch to On position.
- Engage the trigger to clean.
Once assembled, attach the appropriate nozzle based on what you are cleaning (see the following table). Fill the detergent tank, if needed, and turn the power switch on. It will turn on for 1-2 seconds; this is normal for the auto-start feature. After that, simply squeeze the spray gun trigger to wash.
During the wash, after releasing the spray trigger, let the motor come to a complete stop before squeezing the spray trigger again. Squeezing the trigger rapidly could cause the auto-start feature to miss a cycle and prevent the machine from starting at all.
The following list shows which nozzle should be used in which situation:
- Red (0°) Nozzle: Very high pressure, low flow. Good for stubborn grime & hard-to-reach areas.
- Green (25°) Nozzle: Medium pressure, medium flow. Good for cleaning siding, brick, wood, driveways, etc.
- Rotary/Turbo: High pressure, medium flow. Good for large patches of deep dirt and grime.
- Soap: Used for applying soap and detergent.
When using detergent, fill the tank with the proper cleaner-to-water ratio according to instructions on the container. DO NOT use thick gel-like detergents as these may clog the washer.
Remove the detergent container by removing the container lid, placing one finger inside the container, and pulling it back.
Common Attachments to Consider
- AR North America PW909103K Quick Connect Hose Adapter. Commonly purchased hose adapter that fits the AR383SS machine to make it easier to connect/disconnect a hose to the unit.
- AR North America Blue Clean PW 415181 Clean 12” Twister Patio Cleaner. A circular patio cleaning attachment that can clean up to 15 times faster and reduces overspray, causing less debris.
- AR North America Pressure Washer Pump Saver. Anti-freeze solution used to winterize your AR383SS.
If the AR Blue Clean AR383SS isn’t right for you, there are many alternatives to consider. Here are some of our top choices by category.
Other Electric Units
If you are set on an electric pressure washer but aren’t sold on the AR Blue Clean AR383SS, here are some alternatives you may want to consider:
- If you want a cheaper model: If you only plan on only doing light cleaning with your pressure washer, the Greenworks 1500 is a cheaper unit that delivers 1500 PSI.
- If you want a smaller unit with similar power: The Karcher K3 Follow-Me is much smaller than the AR383SS but has a similar price and power.
- If you want a stronger pressure washer: The Stanley SHP2150 is a medium-duty unit that delivers 2150 PSI that can handle tougher jobs than the AR383SS.
Gas Electric Units
If you want more power than the AR383SS delivers, you may also want to consider a gas unit. Though they are more expensive, they deliver much more cleaning power than electric units and don’t need to be plugged in. Here are some units you may want to consider:
- Simpson MS60763-S MegaShot. This gas pressure washer has one of the best values of all that we’ve reviewed. With over 7000 cleaning units, this unit can cut through the densest of dirt and grime.
- Generac 6922. A cheaper gas pressure washer that still delivers significant power and has a 0.5-gallon detergent tank.
- Simpson PS3228 PowerShot. The strongest pressure washer we have reviewed delivering 8250 cleaning units for the toughest jobs.
Specification: AR Blue Clean AR383SS Pressure Washer Review
There are no reviews yet.