AR Blue Clean AR383 Review
|AR Blue Clean AR383||8.9|
The AR Blue Clean AR383 is a well-rated electric pressure washers thanks to its great reviews, decent power, and low cost.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 is one of our top-rated light-duty, electric pressure washers. Compared to other pressure washers in this category, the AR383 delivers good power at an affordable price.
Its pressure of 1900 PSI and flow rate of 1.5 GPM makes the AR383 suitable for most home applications, from soaping and cleaning your car or windows, to stubborn spots that require higher pressure. Its weight of 27 pounds and wheels make it easy to transport around your yard.
This pressure washer is designed to provide ample on-board storage for all included parts as well as a hose reel. Another notable feature is a one-year “bumper-to-bumper” warranty that covers all parts.
This detailed AR Blue Clean AR383 review goes over the specs, what comes with the unit, common customer complaints, and how it compares to similar models.
|AR Blue Clean AR383||Specs|
|Flow Rate||1.5 GPM|
|Cleaning Power||2850 cleaning units|
|Motor Details||120 V, 14 amps, 1800 watts|
|Pump Type||3 axial-piston pump|
|Dimensions||11.25”(D) x 12.25”(W) x 28.5”(H)|
|Hose Length||20 ft|
|Power Cord Length||35 ft|
|Detergent Tanks||14 oz|
|Water Type||Cold (122°F max)|
One of the reasons why the AR Blue Clean AR383 is so highly-rated on our scale is its cleaning power. This pressure washer is rated at 1900 PSI and 1.5 GPM, which combine to deliver an impressive cleaning unit count of 2850, suitable for all your home applications.
The two AR383 nozzle fittings allow you to do everything from cleaning your car to removing tough stains from your pavement. The Vari-spray nozzle can be adjusted from high to low pressure, and the high-pressure Turbo nozzle can remove stubborn dirt and grime.
There are also many positive customer reviews attesting to the good performance and power of the AR383, all resulting in it being one of the most recommended pressure washers.
Weighing 27 pounds and equipped with a 20-ft hose and a 35-ft power cord, the AR Blue Clean AR383 is designed to reach all parts of your house and yard.
The core of the machine is a proprietary, all-aluminum pump, which, along with the TSS technology, makes the pump very durable. Thoughtfully crafted, this machine has on-board storage for its accessories, including a hose reel and an option to attach a detergent tank.
Many customers have noted that the hose reel can be cumbersome to use in actual applications and is better suited to long-term storage.
>> Read More: Best Electric Pressure Washers
Electric pressure washers are known to be less noisy than their gas counterparts and the AR Blue Clean AR383 is no exception. Users have not found the operating volume to be a problem.
What Comes in the Box
The AR Blue Clean AR383 box comes with the following parts:
- Power washer base
- Adjustable spray nozzle
- Turbo nozzle
- Spray gun
- Detergent bottle
- Nozzle cleaning wire (taped to the manual)
- Soft PVC high-pressure hose
- Garden hose adapter
- Accessory holders
The AR Blue Clean AR383 comes with a one-year, “bumper-to-bumper” warranty that covers all parts right down to the spray gun. In case of any issues with the product, you can contact AR North America (ARNA) via the following means.
Attn: Power Washer Warranty Department, 140 – 81st. Avenue NE, Fridley, MN 55432
- 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐤. The detergent tank attaches directly to the spray wand and can be used to give your cars or windows a good wash.
- 𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦 (𝐓𝐒𝐒). The TSS shuts off the washer when the trigger gun is not being squeezed. This makes the AR Blue Clean AR383 efficient and durable.
- 𝐎𝐧-𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞. With ample on-board storage, this pressure washer and its parts can be stored conveniently, when not in use.
- 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲. The machine is lightweight and is mounted on easy-roll wheels, which combine to make for easy transportation around your yard.
- 𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢-𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞𝐬. The adjustable Vari-spray nozzle and the high-pressure Turbo nozzle will keep you prepared for all kinds of home applications.
- 𝐔𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞. The on-board hose reel is suitable for long-term storage and can be a hassle if used on a regular basis.
- 𝐎𝐧𝐞-𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲. Although the AR Blue Clean AR383 comes with a “bumper-to-bumper” warranty, the warranty period of some comparable models is longer.
- 𝐍𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. The pressure washer comes with a detergent tank but lacks an automatic dilution apparatus. Keep this in mind as you will have to prepare your detergent mix beforehand.
- 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲. Some customers have found an issue with the longevity of the machine. Frequent leaks have also been reported.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 requires some assembling before it can be used. Let’s take a step-by-step look at the assembly process.
Steps required for assembly:
- First, secure the accessory holder at the back of the pressure washer. This step can be taken care of by following these instructions:
- Match the female holes on the machine to the male index posts on the accessory holder.
- Once the holder is in place, tighten it with the screws provided within the pressure washer pack, using a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Next, connect the L-shape electric cord holder by screwing it on, below the fitted accessory holder. By the end of step 2, you are ready to store your spray wands, trigger gun, electric cord, and detergent tank.
- Now, when you are facing the back of the machine, you will be able to locate a water outlet at the bottom. Insert one end of the soft PVC high-pressure hose and turn it clockwise by hand. It will take about 6 turns to be screwed on properly.
- Then, attach the brass fitting end of the high-pressure hose to the opening at the bottom of the trigger gun, by pushing it in until you hear a “click”. You can release this connection, when required, by pressing a blue-colored button at the bottom of the gun.
- Depending on your requirement, you can attach either of the three nozzle fittings to the front opening of the trigger gun. Simply push them in while simultaneously rotating them clockwise. You can also detach them by a simple push and counterclockwise rotation.
- Now, you can attach the garden hose adapter to the opening at the bottom of the pressure washer, when looking at its front.
- Finally, connect one end of the hose to the adapter and the other end to your tap.
After completing all the steps for assembly, check if the connections are secure. Once this is confirmed, ensure that the trigger of the trigger gun is locked. You can do so by, pushing the “lock” button from left to right. Now flip on the switch at the back of the pressure washer to release the safety and you are good to go.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 gives you the option to choose between different nozzle fittings.
- Vari Spray Nozzle (Unlimited adjustments): Variable pressure-control from low-pressure to high-pressure and everything in between. Can be adjusted according to the required application, low-pressure for watering plants or furniture, and high-pressure for cleaning rough spots.
- Turbo Nozzle (360° swivel jet): High pressure, 360-degree swivel throw. For cleaning stubborn dirt and moss-covered/weathered surfaces.
This pressure washer comes with an attachable detergent tank, which you will find very easy to use. Here’s how you can use it:
- Open the lid on top of the bottle, fill the tank with a prepared detergent solution, the detergent should be one that is suitable for pressure washers.
- Now, tighten the lid and push the non-nozzle end of the tank into the trigger gun’s opening, in a horizontal position.
- While pushing, turn the tank clockwise and you are ready to soap your items.
Verdict on the AR Blue Clean AR383
The AR Blue Clean AR383 is a winner in many respects. At the price point for which it is available, it provides decent value for the money. Although it has some minor design shortcomings, it comes with an enticing bumper-to-bumper warranty should anything go wrong.
If you are looking for an affordable pressure washer to use around the home, the AR Blue Clean AR383 is a great option to consider.
Specification: AR Blue Clean AR383 Review